Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Hina N. Ahmed

Dr. Ahmed is the greatest, she did wonderful restoring my eye sight. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a caring Dr. with a caring staff. The best ever in my book.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

Dr. Hina N. Ahmed's response
Thank you for sharing! We’re glad to hear your appointment went well.

Submitted January 25, 2019

I just finished with both cataract surgeries and found Dr. Ahmed very professional and knowledgeable. She provided an excellent overview of the procedure which put me at ease. I was so pleased that my wife requested Dr. Ahmed for her cataract surgery as well. We will continue to use her for our vision needs.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

Dr. Hina N. Ahmed's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re thrilled to hear about the success of your visit with Dr. Ahmed!

Submitted November 13, 2018

just completed cataract surgery of both eyes. The experience has been fantastic. Her staff was always punctual in following the procedures and documentation in a timely and efficient manner. Dr. Ahmed has a wonderful personality, is very skilled in her profession, spends adequate time to explain my status and what is happening. The success to date has been fantastic as I was told what the process would entail and the results have been much better than expected. I would recommend her to anyone needing eye attention from exams to procedures. Thank you Dr. Ahmed!!!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2018

Dr. Hina N. Ahmed's response
We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with Dr. Ahmed. Hope all is well and thank you for sharing!

Submitted November 12, 2018

Great experience! Had Cataract surgery and life has improved so much. Thanks to Dr. Ahmed and her very caring staff I could not be more grateful . She is an outstanding doctor and listens to any and all concerns, never feel rushed.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Hina N. Ahmed's response
We're so grateful for the positive feedback! We’ll share your kind words with the team to let them know their work is appreciated. Thank you again for sharing.

Submitted November 8, 2018

Dr. Ahmed is an excellent ophthalmologist. She is very thorough with my eye exams and surgery. I was very pleased with the outcome of my cataract surgery. I would recommend her to all my friends.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

Dr. Hina N. Ahmed's response
Glad to hear you benefited from your recent experience with our team. If there’s anything else you need, please don’t hesitate to let us know!

Submitted October 22, 2018

Dr Hina is personal, professional and I feel very comfortable trusting her with my vision needs

flag | Submitted October 19, 2018

Dr. Hina N. Ahmed's response
Thank you for sharing! We’re glad to hear your appointment went well.

Submitted October 19, 2018

I am impressed with Dr. Ahmed. She is very personable & professional. She explains things clearly and in language I can understand. She removed cataracts from both my eyes. Both the surgery and the follow up visits were pleasant. I am also impressed with how she speaks to and treats her staff, always kind and soft spoken.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Submitted October 19, 2018

Have been going to Ocala Eye for years. Dr. Ahmed became my doctor about 2 years ago. She is very knowledgeable and always willing to take time to explain every detail. She just recently performed cataract surgery for me and I found it to be easier than going to the dentist. She is very good. I plan to continue to see every year for my annual check up.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

Submitted October 19, 2018

Dr Ahmed is a pleasant, caring and professional doctor, as well as her assistants who were always kind and courteous. I am so happy that I chose her to be my doctor as my surgery went through perfectly without a problem. If everyone knew how excellent she is with her patients, they would definitely come to visit her when needed As far as I am concerned, "she is the BEST of the best"!!!!!!!!! Thanks again Doctor Ahmed, see you in June

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

Dr. Hina N. Ahmed's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’ll share your kind words with the team to let them know their work is appreciated. Hope all is well and thank you for sharing!

Submitted October 19, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Ahmed for a couple of years. She has always been professional, efficient, and patient. I recently had cataract surgery in both eyes. For the first time ever I see clearly without contacts or glasses! I have been more than pleased with her service and highly recommend her,

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

Submitted October 8, 2018

Dr. Hina N. Ahmed's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Hina N. Ahmed, M.D. is a Board-certified, fellowship-trained ophthalmologist. She practices general ophthalmology with primary interests in cataract surgery and laser surgery. Dr. Ahmed is skilled in the latest surgical procedures for cataract removal utilizing including small incision no stitch techniques and enjoys providing comprehensive eye care for her patients. Dr. Ahmed joined Ocala Eye in August 2005 after completing her fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania's Scheie Eye Institute. In 2008 Dr. Ahmed relocated from Ocala to Baltimore, Maryland and joined Omni Eye Specialists. There she continued to provide comprehensive medical and surgical eye care while focusing on community outreach and encouraging preventative eye exams. Dr. Ahmed was instrumental in building relationships with Baltimore area optometrists and co-managing patients with complex disease. She conducted continuing medical education seminars for Baltimore and the surrounding communities. She rejoined the Ocala Eye staff in March 2011. Dr. Ahmed graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Dartmouth College where she garnered cum laude honors. Following her desire to study the systems of the body she set her sights on medicine. She attended Wright State University's medical school where she received recognition as a research fellow and earned her medical degree in 2000. Dr. Ahmed's core ophthalmology training took shape during three years of residency service at the Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. A medical school interest in histology led to a natural exploration of microsurgery techniques in the eye, including cataract surgery. Her caring approach towards her patients and their thorough medical care was recognized in June 2004 by being honored with the Humanism in Ophthalmology Award. Dr. Ahmed is Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Her professional affiliations include memberships in the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Florida Medical Association, and Marion County Medical Society.

• English

• Wright State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

UnitedHealthcare