Ratings for Dr. Donald S. Walters

Annual skin cancer check - he rushed in, asked if I had areas of concern, rushed out. I went because I am 58, so lots of sun damage as a child. Family history of skin cancer. Didn't feel too confident when I left.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Great experience with my visit to Dr Walters office. He was very pleasant to speak with and obviously highly trained. He took his time talking to me and his staff was very enjoyable to talk to. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Great office to visit. Staff is very friendly and appear happy to work with Dr Walters. He is a very highly trained Dermatologist and did beautiful work on the skin cancer on my face. I have sent many friends and family to him. He spends time with his patients and does not rush you out like my previous Dermatologist. I would highly recommend you visit him.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

After sitting in the waiting room for 40 minutes past my scheduled appointment time with Dr. Walters, I was admitted to the back where I waited another 20 minutes to be seen. I was there for acne treatment, but inquired about the removal of a wart while I was there. Dr. Walter's ensured me that my insurance would cover this procedure after I made it very clear that I was not interested in the treatment if my plan did not cover it. He was very short and rushed the entire time, gave me a couple of recommendations, and sent me on my way. A year later, he sent me a bill for $200 for the wart removal treatment, and after countless phone conversations between his office and the insurance company, turned my bill over to a collection agency. He is unprofessional, dishonest, and couldn't care less about his patients.

Submitted November 10, 2014

Excellent Dermatologist with an excellent bedside manner and extremely knowledgable. Has done several skin cancer surgeries on my face over the years and they have all healed beautifully. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

This is one of my favorite doctors. He is very pleasant and takes his time at each visit. I have referred my family members and friends to him over the years and he is always very knowledgable and spends ample time with you at each visit. Would highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I love dr. Walters! If you go in looking for cosmetic stuff, you will be disappointed. (See his partnered physician for that) but if you want HEALTHY skin, he's your man. He has treated me for a number of skin cancers and pre cancers. And gives his number as well as his physician assistants number for me to call day or night after my surgeries. His staff even scoured my insurance plan to be sure there were no nasty or surprising bills afterwards. No, he isn't the best at acne or cosmetic stuff but if you are more worried about avoiding cancer and other diseases, I highly recommend him. He's a doctor. Not a salon owner. But i have to say, his work was great and there was almost no scarring at all, I am far more concerned with living another 20 years than trying to rewind them.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

I saw this doctor some time ago while he was at Ginsberg Dermatology. You might think I would have forgotten my experience by now but it made such a negative impression I will never forget it. I found him to be very unprofessional. After waiting for a long time to be seen, he suddenly bursts into the room where I was waiting with a swarm of nurses. You may guess they were there to focus on my problem but no, you would be wrong. They were there to give him his flu shot (it took 5 nurses to do this) and joke while I sat there in astonishment. This happened in the room where I was to be examined right in front of me. After all this I was finally seen by him and then rushed out of the office. The treatment program he recommended for me did not work. I went on to see another doctor to solve my problem. I would never return to see this doctor again.

Submitted January 15, 2013

Dr. Walters may be skilled in other aspects of dermatology, but acne treatment is definitely not his forte. I started having acne when I was 12 years old, and my parents immediately sought out dermatological help. Dr. Walters was their choice. I'm now 20 years old, and I am still having issues even after diligently and strictly following his prescribed routine. After holding out and keeping faith in Dr. Walters, I finally have had to switch from him. I tell him the prescribed medications don't work--and he tells me to keep trying them. I would only wait in the lobby/waiting for 10 minutes or so before I would be called back. But once in the room, I had to wait upwards of an hour or more just for a 5 minute consultation with no future improvements.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009

He doesn't know how to treat spider veins

Submitted July 26, 2009

Dr. Donald S. Walters's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1992)

MAMSI