Ratings for Dr. John G. Curington

Dr. Curington was my doctor at UCSD and then I was lucky enough to have him as my professor in Genetics. Both as a doctor and as a professor, Dr. C was kind, caring, and concerned. If you get a chance to take a class from him, do. If you can choose him as a doctor, do. He stutters a little, but he is careful and thorough, and that is what I want in a physician and a teacher.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

I can't say enough about Dr. Curington. He was the most thorough and conscientious doctor I have ever seen, and he spent the time to notice and think about issues that other doctors had missed. His kindness and attention to detail literally saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

I saw Dr. Curington during his brief time at the Harvard clinic, and four years later I am still upset by how he treated me. I came into urgent care after a botched egg donation retrieval - clearly in a state of hormonal hyperstimulation, a very dangerous condition. My most urgent complaint was constipation (I'll spare details) but I had so many other things wrong as well - rapid weight gain from water retention, fatigue, nausea, and a desire to cry all the time. After Dr. Curington spent *forever* going over irrelevant details of my medical history (which were already in my records, as this was my main provider's clinic), I asked him point blank why this was necessary. I also requested that he not include details on the egg donation in my medical record due to privacy concerns. Apparently he didn't like my attitude - and rather than attributing my mood to the dangerous levels of hormones in my system, he refused to continue the appointment and sent another doctor in. What a jerk!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

If this is the UCSD Student Health Services doctor, then I received terrible service. I had a pretty bad allergic reaction to anesthesia and he told me to do nothing (at most use Benedryl) and it worsened. I ended up going to urgent care and then seeing a dermatologist, which cost me additional money. All I really needed was over the counter anti- itch/ anti- inflammatory medicine- Hydrocortisone. Now I have a large, very noticeable scar, on my face due to his poor advice.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010