Ratings for Dr. Stephen D. Cahill

I was referred to Dr Cahill for a Colonoscopy and Hernia Repair Surgery. He was very personable. Everyone on his staff was great. They all were very caring and concerned about me personally. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr. Cahill in my opinion is by far the most ignorant, uncompassionat doctor I'd ever dealt with. During his morning rounds (while I was in Mt. Clemens hospital for a severe car accident) he came to visit me and was extremely nasty and rude. When I told him there is no need to be so nasty he canceled the medication I was on for pain relief, my meds just stopped & when I asked why the nurse said Dr. Cahill gave me weaker medicine. He then froze my patient record and did not allow any other doctors to have any authority to offer me relief by means of changing my medicine to some thing that works! Since I was in trauma I was under his jurisdiction and he had final say, so I suffered the whole time while I was in here because he needed to prove a point to me that he is in charge and he can do whatever he wants and I paid the ultimate price by being in constang excrutiating. Pain.physicians like him should not be practicing medicine, exspecialy in a trauma unit!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

I had surgery two years ago. I'm please with the results. I went here from a referral, the physician had a great bedside manner and his staff was professional. I'm not sure about the other reviews.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

Went for cosmetic surgery (Lipo) of muffintop and love handles. Not completely satisfied (1.5 years later) and would have charged me for a follow up appt, I never ended up going back as I didn't want to pay the fee. He took out unequal amounts of fat and sides are not completely smooth. front of stomach is rather unequal. If you're looking for cosmetic surgery I would go to someone else! Not happy with the price I paid.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

dr. cahill is not worth the visit.I saw him at the wound care clinic.He has no bedside manner.He could offer me no advice on what is causing my skin irritation.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

Did surgery to fix large abdominal hernia--ended up infected to my organs. Had to be opened up again and left my belly open. Wore wound vac for 6 months with weekly trips to wound care clinic. Had home care nurse until wound closed. Third surgery to close abdomen. Off work 11 months. Cost two full-time jobs and I have never recovered. First surgery 2008 and now 2011. Had multiple side effects--pneumonia, infections (more), blood clot, etc. Cahill had no bedside manner--no eye contact, minimal time talking to me. Had psychologist to see me, because I wasn't "stable" after being in hospital 13 days. Had a rude and mean resident and did nothing about him--I was hurt unnecessarily several times by the resident without anyone caring--Cahill. No personality in the office. Finally able to change surgeons for 3rd surgery. In essence, my life as I knew it was over--unable to work in my job with multiple psychological and physical problems from the surgeries. HE IS HORRIBLE!!!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Dr. Stephen D. Cahill's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1981)

(General) - Epo