Ratings for Dr. Michael L. Michetti

Dr. Michetti does not provide enough information to the patient on treatment options. He just proceeds with whatever treatment/procedures in his mind without first communicating with the patient. Most of the time, he doesn't bother explain what he's going to do on a patient, why he needs to do it, and why something he did doesn't work. He doesn't even bother to warn the patient before he does something that really causes pain on the patient in surprise. No matter how much experience he has, he needs to show some respect, attention and care for his patient. His attitude now can easily lead to the impression that he cares nothing about the patient and just want to get the visit done as soon as possible, and as many visits as possible.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

I didn't feel I got much explanation from the doctor for the problem I came in for, but he did give good information on another problem. Orthotics were ordered (after I was told my insurance covered them). I had to specifically ask when they would be in (2-3 wks) and would they phone me (yes). After 5 weeks (ins had paid the claim 4 wks ago), I called to check on their whereabouts and was told that I hadn't given approval to order them (obviously they had been ordered as the claim had been paid). I was then referred to an office manager (I had to call back) who then advised that the lab had problems with the scan so they were never produced. Now I must take time off, go back for a rescan and wait again. One would assume that a physicians office would be on top of medical items ordered for patients. It's a poorly run practice where it takes a patient to complain before they look into an order they placed that they never received. If they order for you, check on it early and often.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Dr. Michael L. Michetti's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1968)

UPMC