Ratings for Dr. Rakesh Donthineni

GET A SECOND OPINION! While Dr. Donthineni may be an expert in his field, he is also a money-grubbing fearmonger! I came to Donthineni because imaging showed a possible bone tumor but a needle biopsy came back negative. WITHOUT LOOKING AT MY RECORDS (I brought a file with me to our first meeting which he never opened before giving his recommendation), he advised me to get an expensive, highly-invasive exploratory open bone biopsy. I assented despite misgivings at his apparent lack of interest given his supposed expertise. When results from this biopsy also came back negative, HE RECOMMENDED THAT I REPEAT THE EXACT SAME SURGERY. I chose instead to get a second opinion from a doctor at UC Davis Medical Center. The doctor there identified a benign bone growth BY EXAMINING THE SAME CT SCANS WHICH I INITIALLY BROUGHT TO DONTHINENI. This growth was removed with a single minimally invasive surgery similar to the needle biopsy, which relieved all symptoms. The surgery performed by Dr. Donthineni, on the other hand, cost me thousands of dollars, caused me to be immobilized and miss work for a month, and left me with pain and loss of muscle function in my leg which is still present almost three years later. I can only imagine what condition I would be in if I followed Donthineni's recommendation and repeated the surgery he performed. I recommend you EXHAUST ALL OTHER OPTIONS BEFORE GOING TO DR. DONTHINENI!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

This office is by far one the flakiest I've ever dealt with. My surgery was scheduled over a month in advance. The night before surgery, the slacky nurse called to say that my surgery isn't going to happen. Upon speaking to my insurance company, the doctor office didn't even submit proper paperwork. I've called the office many times to get things straightened out. Over two weeks later, still no response from Dr. Donthenini's office. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

Submitted August 5, 2014