Ratings for Dr. Lauren P. Adey

I had basal joint arthroplasty with terrible results, I can no longer use my dominant hand..my hand and knuckles are raised in the middle like a pyramid, I cannot close my hand, my thumb cannot bend. I went in with pain at the base of my thumb. I now have a contracted hand that I can barely use. I would never recommend this surgeon or this facility. .

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I was told Dr. Lauren Adey was one of the best hand doctor's in ME. I wasn't told that she/her staff have the WORST bedside manners in New England. I sat in the waiting room for close to 1 1/2 hours. When I finally saw Dr. Adey she was with me for FOUR MINUTES. She came in, didn't introduce herself, grabbed my wrist hastily, poked at my ganglion and said, "There's nothing we can do." I tried to explain to her that the ganglion was causing me a tremendous amount of pain. She interrupted, "Impossible. Ganglion's don't cause pain. Your pain is totally unrelated." Calmly, I said: "So, the pain in my wrist that started at the same time as, and is located in, the spot as the ganglion is just a coincidence?" She curtly responded, "Yes." In the end she slapped a wrist brace on me, and said, "Wear this for a month. If you're still 'in pain' then I'll see you again." And then she walked out. I am still stunned at this transaction.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

Dr. Lauren P. Adey's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1998)

Champ Va