Ratings for Dr. Sandra A. Cortez

The first time I ever entered Modern Family Dental of San Antonio, I requested only a simple 6-month cleaning as my insurance provides full coverage for this. Modern Family Dental of San Antonio never actually cleaned my teeth though I sat in the chair for 2 hours requesting one. They simply racked up my insurance bill with x-ray after x-ray of my teeth, pictures of the surface of my teeth, and evaluations of my gums only to tell me I have 11 cavities. Thank goodness I got a second opinion at my own expense (they used up the entirety of my allotted insurance money plus multiple sizeable expense for their extraneous expenditures). I still do not have a single cavity. I have since attended to only what needed to be done with minimal procedures and have yet to have any drills enter my mouth. Dr. Sandra Cortez cost me obscene amounts of anxiety, unbelievably high bills on top of what my dental insurance paid, and additional expenses to get an appointment with a different dentist within weeks of that pointless appointment. Clearly, I will NEVER be using their services again nor will I EVER recommend Modern Family Dental of San Antonio to anyone I know.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

All staff members were very nice. i love going to her office.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

The staff is pleasant, but always young and inexperienced, requiring constant coaching from Dr. Cortez. I don't like being subjected to their learning curve and slow uncertain manner. Perhaps she hires young and inexperienced employees to keep costs down and profit up.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Horrendous front-office and back-office staff. Push orthodonture too hard. Lousy "chair-side" manner.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009