Ratings for Dr. George R. Tuchsen

Great doctor! He took the time to explain everything and I got my gallbladder removed through one little incision in my bellybutton which I am very happy about. You can't I had surgery and I think that is very cool

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I went to see him for a testicular mass, he examined me and on the spot without any testing, stated I had an inguinal hernia, perhaps 2 hernias. Same day , scheduled me for surgery to repair the hernia/s. His overall demeanor toward me during the exam was less than professional. I decided to get a second opinion from a specialist. The specialist ordered a sonogram and determined a testicular mass. The specialist was aghast that Dr. Tuchsen had jumped to the conclusion of a hernia and ordered surgery without any prior verification of the hernia. ALWAYS GET A SECOND OPINION!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

I was told to go to another doctor to have my gallbladder removed, but I found this doctor online. He uses one incision to remove it and now you can't see I even had surgery. I'm very happy with my results and this doctor and his staff was really nice! I would recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

The best surgery experience ever. I have a simular operation 20 yrs ago and was out for a week. With Dr. T, I was up and about the same day. My experince could not have been better. He is a true professional..He took the time to care about me and put my wife at ease too. I would recommend him to everyone. His staff was GREAT too!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

Staff were awesome and went above and beyond and even sent me a card after surgery. Dr. Tuchsen was very thorough and took his time to listen and answer my list of questions and was very accommodating regarding surgery scheduling. I would definently send my friends and family to see Dr. Tuchsen.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr Tuchsen is an icompetant, rude and arrogant doctor who brags about his surgical abilities yet performed a botched surgery on my sister where she ended up losing her spleen during what he called was a routine surgery. His attitude to our family and to the nurses is obnoxious and unwarranted. He was out of state after surgery and left my sister in the care of doctors who pumped her full of narcotic medication that led to , what Dr Tuchsen explains, ileus and delirium and borderline pneumonia. Of course he comes in and insinuates her condition is our fault for not walking her around. Well, if she was coherent and not screaming in pain and soiling herself perhaps at some point in the past 7 days we could have gotten her out of bed. Was he ever in touch with nurses and her condition to know any of this and order different type of pain meds? Probably not. He is arrogant, rude, bordering incompetent, and out of touch with the realities of being a patient.

Submitted September 19, 2014

You can't tell I had my gallbladder removed. He went through my belly button so the scar doesn't show. Love it!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I want to say thank you for such a good experience. I'm not a fan of doctors offices, but this office made such a difference in my experience. From the coffee bar when you first walk in, the nice office, to his staff who remembered my name, to Dr. Tuchsen taking as long as I needed to talk with me, they were wonderful in every way! I was also really impressed to receive a "get well" card after my surgery from everyone in the office. This just tells me I'm not just another patient.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

This surgeon provided care for my husband while he was hospitalized at North Central Baptist. He was very patient and caring. We felt very comfortable and had complete faith in his skill and knowledge.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I found Dr. Tuchsen and his staff to be very helpful to my family and I through my treatment. I can't thank them enough. The office is beautiful, the website is helpful, and my experience was second to none.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr. George R. Tuchsen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Illinois