Ratings for Dr. Charles K. Gilarski

He is completely rude. I went in for a very obvious toe nail infection but when he came into the room the first thing he told me was to get an X-ray. I did the xray and afterward all he talked about was possible arthritis or toe Spurs. He also scolded me for wearing such old shoes and said how my lack of foot support is probably causing my problem. He did not even ask at all about my symptoms and since he is rude and does not listen I couldn't get a word in to direct his attention toward the fact that I have an infection not a joint problem. Right at the end of the appointment he finally grabbed my toe to look at it and noticed it was draining and was like well this must be infected. I was thinking well duh! why he didn't look at my toe or ask me about my symptoms at the beginning of the appointment I do not know. Horrible doctor.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Not helpful at all. Basically just tell me to go home.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Gilarski for my bunion surgery by a friend that is a patient of his. She found him to be a very skilled and knowledgable surgeon. I had my procedure done 3 months ago and I am I extremely pleased with my result! I had little pain and my foot looks and is feeling great,too!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

No bedside manner whatsoever. Likes to argue with you about symptoms, etc.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

I had another dr. **** my foot and Dr. Gilarski performed corrective surgery.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Do not see this doctor. I went to him about 5 years ago for a toenail fungus. He said that we needed to take off the sides of my toenail so that when it grew back, it would flatten out and push out the fungus. Sounded great to me!So I did the surgery. About two months later I was still waiting for my toenail sides to grow back, but nothing was happening. A friend told me that her boyfriend had had the surgery and his toenails never grew back.It turns out that this doctor put a chemical on my toenail sides to not make it grow back, and neglected to tell me this. I called his office furious, and he said to me, "Well, surgery is permanent, just like brain surgery." Yeah, but do they take out part of your brain and not tell you?! Now I have about half of a toenail STILL WITH A FUNGUS. My toenail is yellow and gross. Also, he left a sliver of very thin toenail detached on the side of my toenail(it looks really weird, which hurts every day. I am in pain every day and my toenail looks awful.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011