Ratings for Dr. Carl F. Erickson

I absolutely loved having Dr. Erickson as my doctor. His thoroughness was very comforting. For those of you who need your records, there was a flyer on their door with information on how to get them. I had no problem at all. All records are being stored at a bank off of 1604 and 281 area. I called, set an appointment and picked them up with no problem. I no longer have the information on my phone, but if you go by the office on Huebner, I'll bet it's still there with the information on who to call. I wish they would have let us know they were closing.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

If you have tried to reach them recently with no success, that is because they are closed. Apparently they closed on April 8, 2017, and did not notify any of their patients. I have been trying to obtain my medical records for the last month with zero success. My next step is to contact my lawyer to deal with this.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I have only been once, and the in-office experience was okay- the PA was nice but a little awkward. My biggest concern is that you CANNOT get them on the phone. I need a referral from my last visit to a PT (they referred me to the PT they work with, but did not give me a general referral so I can take it to a PT of my choice). I have now called 15 times over the last two days. I do NOT recommend this office.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Erickson has become our family doctor because of his dedication to finding answers that WORK! It is much easier to get an appointment at his office than our former doctors and he has Urgent Care in the evenings if you can't wait. He spends a lot of time with his patients and makes sure that they understand what their problem is and how best to remedy it. I highly recommend him! Thanks, Dr. E!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

The physician assistant was incredibly unprofessional. He did not diagnose me correctly. I was referred back to them from an allergist since my symptoms got worse. I asked to see the doctor because I felt uncomfortable going back to him but I was told his schedule was booked. Terrible experience and will not be recommending this location.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

I find the comment about Dr. Erickson getting the "greatest kickback" to be a bit puzzling. Doctors do not make any profits on the medications they prescribe. The pharmaceutical companies make all of the profits there. In my experience, this staff has gone WAY out of their way to provide me with sample medications whenever possible. The P.A., Ken Toy, has purposefully sought out cheaper medications for me to help me avoid extensive prescription costs, and the clinic offers a variety of other services, such as sleep studies, Arosti, and Immunotherapy. One member of the nursing staff, Joaquin, is the ONLY person out of all of the doctors I've ever been to who can ever get my veins on the first attempt of a blood draw, and has extensive Military medical training. I have spoken with both managers, Sharon AND Anita, as well as the billing department, and I am VERY happy with everything they've done for me. They give the patients the time they deserve while in the room.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Last year I was informed by ins company as well as doctor that my visit was for preventative care... I then received a bill stating that we discussed fatigue… The doctor brought this up with me, asking “You are feeling tired” “Are you depressed, anxious, etc?” I visited again this year for my check up, and was asked the same questions, and was again reassured this would be covered. I just received ANOTHER bill. Doctors office does not care, only money hungry!!!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

While he is very knowledgeable he takes a long time to get to you. I have had six appointment with him and he has never been on time - even when I was the first appointment. The staff is extremely rude and altogether unhelpful.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

I have seen Dr. Erickson or his PA Ken Toy for years. They have gone out of their way to help me with my weight issues and helped me with my son with special needs. Dr. Erickson seems to be a researcher at heart so you know he is up on the newest information. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Have seen Dr. E for several years now, one of the better up to date informed Docs I have seen in years. Always takes time to give you the attention you deserve. Has gone out of his way to taylor medication to my limited pocket book (I find the other comment very puzzling as this is why a friend recommended him to me). If you were there trying to get drugs that were not indicated for your condition (pain killers or antibiotic you didn't need or wouldn't help) you may have been disappointed. I would consider Dr. E one of the best in SA!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Dr. Carl F. Erickson's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1986)