Ratings for Dr. Ali Hendi

Hands down the best Mohs surgeon in DC area. My dad is 76 and Irish. He has had over a dozen Skin cancers. Dr Hendi's results are AMAZING. I can see the difference because my dad has seen most of the Mohs surgeons in the DC and NOVA. He is gifted at what he does with a bedside manner that matches his skills.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

BEWARE! I would never return to Dr. Hendi and would strongly recommend that anyone needing a Mohs procedure on their face to elsewhere. Although he has you sign pages and pages of forms prior to seeing him, he explained nothing about the procedure he was going to do, nor did he offer any options. I had a precancerous lesion on my nose and although I was supposedly seeing him for a Mohs procedure, he took one very large piece of tissue from my nose instead of doing thin shavings. His office was full and almost everyone left after one visit back to his procedure room……no one seemed to return for additional shavings. This might be okay if the lesion is not on your face, but if it is please BEWARE. The shape of my nose is different and I am left with a large jagged scar down the center of my nose. This was for a precancerous lesion! Avoid this physician if you need a Mohs procedure on your face or anywhere on your body that will show.

Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr. Ali Hendi

Dr. Ali Hendi's response
Dear Anonymous Reviewer, We are troubled by your comments, as what you describe does not correlate with what happens at our office. We do not surgically remove precancers (actinic keratosis) with Mohs surgery. We treat skin cancers that have the potential for uncontrolled growth and metastasis with Mohs surgery. If you are truly our patient, please contact us so we can address your concerns. Our goal is to always provide the highest quality surgical care to patients with skin cancer using the latest techniques in Mohs and Reconstructive surgery and a highly professional and kind staff. Sincerely, Megan, RN Clinical Manager

Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr Hendi's office is top notch, from Alexis that answers the phone to Melissa the RN and of course Dr Hendi. My mother needed the procedure and the team took excellent care of her! I would recommend this office to everyone!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Dr. Hendi is outstanding. Everything is explained to you every step of the way. The staff is warm, efficient and caring. You know you are in good hands. I have complete faith in his knowledge and that my skin cancer is forever gone. I very highly recommend Dr. Hendi. The office is spotless and there is actually space and something to do while you wait.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Great bedside manner! Highly efficient and kind staff. The office makes you feel like you're at home, which is hard to do especially when you are having surgery. My scar is also barely visible. This doctor really knows what he is doing. I would only go back to him for my skin cancer surgery!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. Hendi did an excellent job taking care of two troublesome spots on my skin.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

By far the best bedside manner, friendly demeanor, punctual and most importantly, a good and detailed diagnostic findings. I know people that have had basal cell carcinomas and were treated by Dr. Hendi. I remained impressed by his cosmetic ability to remove the lesion and the lack of scarring. I suspected a basal cell on my nose. I wanted him to be the one to remove it. He told me it was not a carcinoma and I will follow up with him in 4 months. I was impressed with his warm and friendly demeanor and the time spent examining my whole body for cancers. I will highly refer this doctor to all my clients and friends. The office was updated and spotless. The staff is A+. Totally impressed.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

You get 5-star ratings when you deliver exceptional medical care of the highest possible quality. Plain and simple, every person in that office is committed to the patient. I have had two successful MOHS surgeries performed by Dr. Hendi -- no complications, no questions left unanswered, and no reason not to return if the need ever arises again. This practice has earned its superior ratings.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Dr. Hendi and his staff are top notch. They are professional and very caring. They explain everything in advance of what they are going to do. I had MOHS surgery done and he was fabulous. Fortunately for me it was Melanoma in situ which is stage 0 and he was able to get it all in one visit. Dr. Hendi even followed up the next day to see how I was feeling. What an extraordinary office. I had a referral for him and another surgeon and he had the better reviews/skills by far. Before I even met him, I felt very confident that he would do a great job; his credentials speak for themself.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Excellent staff, Doctor Hendy is excellent, He removed my melanoma skin cancer in second stage@ he did follow up and their staff! I got surgery almost two years and i WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Dr. Ali Hendi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Hendi graduated, with honors (Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa), from the University of Miami with a degree in Microbiology and Immunology. In 1999, he received his Doctor of Medicine degree, with highest honors (Alpha Omega Alpha) from the University of Miami School of Medicineas a member of the accelerated Medical Scholars Program. He received his training in Internal Medicine and Dermatology at the University of Pittsburgh. Thereafter, he pursued fellowship training in Mohs and reconstructive surgery under the directorship of Drs. John A. Zitelli, and David G. Brodland, former presidents of the American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS). In 2004 Dr. Hendi joined the Department of Dermatology at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida as the youngest faculty on staff. There he served as a skin cancer specialist and Mohs surgeon dedicated to providing exceptional service, research and resident education. As an Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Dr. Hendi was the primary investigator of two research projects, with implications on melanoma diagnosis and wound healing. Dr. Hendi has published over 20 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. His most recent book, the Atlas of Skin Cancers, was published in 2011. He serves as a reviewer for the journal Dermatologic Surgery. He is a frequent speaker at national and international meetings and the inventor of the Hendi-Frazier, and Hendi-Roth skin hooks. In 2008 he relocated to the Washington DC area and opened a state of the art surgical facility, dedicated to the treatment of skin cancers, in Chevy Chase, Maryland. He continues to be active in the academic arena, and is involved in resident education at Georgetown University / Washington Hospital Center Dermatology Residency Program. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) at the Georgetown University Medical Center. He is board certified in dermatology, and a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American College of Mohs Surgery.

• Spanish
  • Persian

• University of Miami (Grad. 1999)

Commercial Insurance Company