Ratings for Dr. Anthony P. Chan

Terrible doctor. No other words can describe his lack of ability or manners.

Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Chan is not too bad. I have been his patient for a few years. I have no health insurance and always pay cash. they have discount for cash payers and usually I get faster service also. Just let the girls up front know this and they usually take care of you. Other doctors I see treat everyone the same, so I like this office because I can in and out since I need endoscpy every year anyway. dont expect too much from the staff or doctor. he is very quick. save your questions and look it up on google instead - it will be more thorough.

Submitted January 10, 2014

I just see this site now. Dr. Chan puncture my colon several yers ago and tried to pass me off to a hospital doctor. Very disappoint in care I receive. He is too busy and do too much procedure and not too careful. Do not make same mistake as me!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010

Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr. Chan saw me on an emergency basis, though initially the staff was reluctant to help me and said I should go to emergency (at 10AM on a Thursday!). I was recovering from acute diverticulitis and had had an episode of bleeding through the night. He really set my mind at ease with his diagnosis and clear instructions on my next steps. He did not send me for unnecessary follow-up tests. My own PCP was not nearly as knowledgeable as Dr. Chan on this disease, and I feel I wasted several weeks before getting really helpful guidance from Dr. Chan. He also has a great sense of humor. I have gone to him for 2 colonoscopies and have found him to be competent and responsive to my needs.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2008

Submitted February 12, 2008

Dr. Chan performed my colonoscopy in 2001. He put me at ease with his professional but friendly style and met with me to go over my results, giving me excellent advice. I plan to return to him for my next colonoscopy this month.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2006

They should pull his license!! Very irresponsible and not properly sanitized. Thanks to him, from a routine colonoscopy, I wound up in the hospital with a staph virus and remained as a guest for 5 months.

Submitted January 24, 2006

Dr. Anthony P. Chan's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Scott & White