Ratings for Dr. Keith D. Barker

Do NOT go here! Was told I needed bifocals and ordered some. Waiting 1 and 1/2 hours to pick them up in the waiting room. I couldn't see out of them and wanted a refund, I was told no. I am stuck with $180 out of pocket and a pair of glasses I can't use.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Rude and not allowed in the back with your kids... disturbing

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

Waited forever, was not aware of the rule no children in the back so we had to have some one sit with the kids. Waited 3 weeks for my lenses to come in, took my glasses in to get the lenses put and they bent my glasses where they sit unlevel on my face, and stretched out the right frame because it was not cut right and they forced it in. I do not recommend him. He wont allow your children in the back with you but has his dog running around!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Our family has been going to Dr. Barker for years and every visit has been a pleasure! The staff is helpful and I am thankful that they are local. I wish EyeMed would work with then because it is inconvenient to have to go to Lubbock or Amarillo.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

I am new to the area and decided to try Dr. Barker for my eye exam this year. My contacts were prescribed incorrectly and vision is blurry in my left eye. Before a prescription is given you must wear the sample for a week then come back for the exam. There is no way around this process in between each new contact they try. It is a lengthy and inconvenient process. The staff is unbelievably rude and unwilling to assist with questions. On my initial visit I brought in my contacts in their boxes, wore a pair of my current contacts and brought my glasses so they could notate my current prescriptions on my chart as I was a new patient. When my glasses and contacts were not prescribed correctly I asked the staff to compare the new prescriptions to the previous and no one would pull my chart. Apparently I should bring everything to the follow visit because answering a question that should be notated on the patient chart from the initial visit is outside of the scope of this staff.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr Barker is rude, the staff and Dr Barker has a real problem.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

They refused to see my children because they wanted to take my child's picture without asking me and I told them that they could not and they refused to allow me back with my daughter and I asked to many questions on why. The whole staff are rude and lie and make up stories. The receptionist was rude no smile and asked what do YOU need instead of a nice welcome how may I help you. They all need to be fired and doctor barker needs a few classes of manners and bed side manners.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

My daughter and I both went to Dr. Barker. I was not particularly impressed. I was even less impressed with his incredibly unprofessional and rude staff, the receptionist, by far, tops the list. His policy of not allowing parents to be with their children during exams is disturbing and unacceptable.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Dr. Barker was great. But the staff has got to go. They are nothing but rude and talk about patients within themselves. The lady up front gives dirty looks and doesnt even ask what she can help you with half the time. My family pays alot of money and i think we deserve to be treated with great service.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Barker refused service to my disabled 13 year old daughter because we requested that her grandmother be present for the exam. I don't know any good reason that he would insist on being alone with my little girl. Parents please don't take your children to this man.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Dr. Keith D. Barker's Credentials

• Southern California College Of Optometry (Grad. 1975)

Pacificare