Ratings for Dr. Thomas H. Lee

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I have seen Dr Lee for two separate injuries, both related to running. The first injury required surgery on my ankle to remove an impingement, the second injury required 3 months of physical therapy. On both occasions I found Dr Lee to be very knowledgeable, and kind, and I am forever grateful that he was able to get me back into my running shoes and on the road!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Lee is dismissive and shows very little concern about the patient's understanding of their condition. He fosters no level of trust with his patient based on his unwillingness to offer any basis of his assessment(s) (which in my case were conflicting) and becomes extremely frustrated and visibly irritated when purposeful questions are posed. This is very important to a patient if you have had a "failed" surgery with Dr. Lee as he gives you no foundation to make a knowledgeable decision about your options. Finally, regardless of his reputation as a good surgeon, any surgery or solution requires a partnership between patient and doctor. When you walk into his office, it is all about the doctor and to challenge this will result in an even colder, dismissive and uncaring response than is the norm for Dr. Lee. When I asked for the best orthopedic surgeon, I was told "he is the best in surgery and the worst re bedside manner." The best resulted in a failed surgery and poor treatment.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

Dr. Lee stated in my appointment that I had come to see him only for determining if I needed surgery. I hope all doctors see surgery as one of a multitude of options available (hopefully the last option chosen). I was surprised that he took such an attitude. He listened to my history but did not examine my feet. Two other doctors I had been to as well as a physical therapist diagnosed arthritis in my big toe joint. Dr. Lee stated there was none. He did not elaborate on why this was his opinion. He gave me no diagnosis which is acceptable to me as I guess he just did not know. When I asked him for suggestions as to where I could seek help he had no suggestions. I find this disconcerting and unfortunate as I am now seeking a neurologist on my own accord. I am trying to figure out why I continue to have excruciating pains. I expected more from a doctor of his stature and was highly disappointed in his responses to my problems. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

Dr. Lee performed reconstructive surgery on my ankle. The damage was so extensive that donor tissue had to be grafted. I have had a wonderful experience with he and his staff. My recovery has been so much better than I ever imagined. He and his staff are very friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt. He didn't waste time or money on unnecessary testing, and my recovery from surgery was amazing, no pain or swelling. His practice is using new technology that is not available anywhere else in Ohio. For the first time in over 15 years I have normal function in my ankle. Even if you do not live in the area, he is worth the drive.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

Dr. Thomas H. Lee's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Illinois