Ratings for Dr. Richard M. SINGER

i went to see Dr Singer due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I had an EMG done that showed that I had severe CTS, and I waited almost a month for an appointment. Once I got there for my 2:30pm appointment i was told that he was running about and hour behind. I didnt get called back until 4:45pm. Once I was back there he didnt even look at my hand. He acknowledged that I had pretty severe CTS along with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Told me that it was all because i over weight and not because I am on a computer 9 hours a day for work. He said normally he would recommend cortisone injections and surgery but he wouldn't do anything for me until I lost about 45-50lbs. He was very argumentative and rude about the entire thing. Its safe to say that I will never send anyone to him. He is one of the worst doctors that I ever met.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr Singer is a Hand Specialist and Very Good at his Specialty. However, In my case my hand was inconvenient but not life threatening. Dr Singer treated me as a Patient as a whole and not just my hand. He saw a more critical issue of my obesity. At first my feelings were hurt, but everything he said was correct. He spent a lot of time on what he saw as a more critical issue of my Survival, ie my weight. Because of his help I have lost over 30 lbs and going for more. A lot of doctors told me the same thing. But his frank, urgent message from this doctor the first day i saw him was just the help I needed to survive. I think God had me hurt my hand, so that I would see him and address a more urgent issue my weight. I am a pharmacist by the way. I know the score. He just hit the right buttons.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

i picked the wrong type of work. i should have become a surgeon if this is all it takes.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Richard M. SINGER's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

AHC