Ratings for Dr. Sheryl L. Hoyer

Dr Hoyer is great! She was caring and quickly understood my problem. While it is obvious they have a busy practice, she took time to ask me about my skin issue and listened to my concerns. I did not feel rushed at all and the staff is very nice.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

I asked Dr. Hoyer about hair loss I was experiencing and she visually looked at my hair and said Alopecia and said there was nothing to do about it. I had no idea that she was wrong and 6-7 mos later (and after losing much more hair) I found another dermatologist who biopsied my scalp to find the cause. He discovered scarring alopecia. Turns out that not only did she not bother to investigate or tell me that I should find another dermatologist who would, but I may even need to be tested for Lupus and undergo very aggressive treatment to treat. Additionally, had she spent the time, I may not have lost so much hair and may even have been able to save some of it.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I was very surprised to read the previous comment about Dr. Hoyer. I have been to quite a few dermatologists over the years and, once I went to Dr. Hoyer, I finally found a doctor I could stay with. I have been going to her for over 10 years for a variety of things ranging from adult acne to extreme sunburn to removal of nevi. I have no complaints about her or her staff. As far as the wait goes, it does not happen during every visit (it DID happen during every visit with all my other and my husband's doctors). Only once did I have to wait a long time (45 minutes?). The waiting room was packed and Dr. Hoyer apologized profusely, but didn't rush through my visit. I feel very bad for the person who posted before me. I wish their experience could have been more typical of mine.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

She was the worst doctor. I developed severe rosacra. She put me on meds and said to come back in 6 weeks. My face was getting worst every day. She said stay on creM. I went to her office to show her what my face looked like. Would not see me. Very uncaring about her patients. Does not take time for you, when you are worried and scared. Would not recommender at all. Terrible

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

Dr. Sheryl L. Hoyer's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. r interests include the biologic medicines for psoriasis, isotretinoin ("Accutane") for acne, Botox Cosmetic injections, and cosmetic filler injections.

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

• Acne
  • Hyperhidrosis
  • Sclerotherapy
  • Milia
  • Rosacea

• Interviewed on WGN's Bill and Wendy Show about the sun and the skin, June 2015
  • Vice President of the Illinois Dermatological Society, 2015-2017