Ratings for Dr. Clay M. Shearer

I usually see his father Dr. David Shearer, but when I was unable I decided to see his son Clay. I found him to be very arrogant and uncaring, as if I was bothering him with my questions. He didn't even do the full body check on me that was needed😤

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

As a teenager I developed a nasty plantar wart and began seeing Clay after my original dermatologist quit. My father had seen him in the past and didn't care for him but I decided to give him a chance as I wasn't aware of any other dermatologist in the area at the time. I saw him 3 times and each time he exhibited a cold bedside manner, was more concerned with getting my treatments over and done with quickly rather than carefully and seemed put out when I had questions and concerns. He even made fun of the fact I had my plantar wart which made me even more self conscious about it! On top of that his treatments never worked. I've found another dermatologist and after a while was able to get rid of the wart. Never going back to him again!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

He's an arrogant man, I guess he could be able to pops zits but that's about it

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I went to see Dr Clay after I developed what turned out to be a Basel cell carcinoma in my back. The wait time in the lobby wasn't bad, but the front staff was horrid. I went back to the room and tried to go over my extensive medical history with the nurse and she was far from interested. She told me to undress and put on the gown and the dr would be in shortly. As I did this, I noticed a tray of at least 10 needles left out in the room. I believe they were full of lido some, and Apparently this is a common practice! He came in and rushed through my initial visit, cut out a piece of the cancer for biopsy and had the girls schedule me for surgery. No instructions were given on how to care for the open hole in my back. I was never so nervous in my life. As the week went by, the closer I got to the surgery date the more nervous I became. There was something in the pit of my stomach telling me NOT to let this man operate on me. I called the required 48 hrs ahead of time to cancel the surgery. The first girl put me on hold and sent me back to talk to the nurse. I told her I was choosing to get a second opinion and wanted to cancel. She puts me on hold, and 15 min later Dr Clay gets on the phone. He proceeds to tell me how he does 100s of these procedures a week, and I again just say I would feel more comfortable getting a second opinion, he begins to yell at me on the phone and berate me. I was never so relieved when I hung up the phone. I found a wonderful Dr at Christ who is caring and confirmed my diagnosis. He talked me through the entire procedure. If Dr Shearer had done that procedure, it would have been horrific.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Clay has been my dermotologist fot 10+ years. He is an excellent Dr and his staff is very professional and knowledgeable as well. I would never consider going elsewhere. Valeria Reynolds

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

More time waiting, then rushed examining me. Rushed through procedure .

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Most efficient and knowledgable Dermatologists around!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr. Clay has never spent more than 5 minutes in the room even after I've waited more than an hour in the waiting room

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Thanks for wasting my time today. Had i known you needed past bill collected before treatment today i wouldnt have made the appointment. Missed work for nothing.... maybe you should notify a patient when they make an appointment of past due and you will refuse treatment until they do. Instead i misssed work for an appointment i couldnt afford. Was notified after i get to appointment that if i couldnt pay then i would be texused treatment. Just got back to work and was written up.for mossing without a doctors note...

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Waited in the office for 20 mins, then another 10 once I was in the exam room. Staff was very abrupt and rude. Dr. Clay Shearer spent very little time with me, asked nothing of my previous health issues, and prescribed me Accutane (an extremely strong drug with serious side effects that he did not explain to me). Office seemed unsanitary - bandages and gauze everywhere and the bathroom was filled with several Dixie cups full of other people's pee. Will never return and do not trust the information he gave me.

Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Clay M. Shearer's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Molina