Ratings for Dr. Richard Abisla

If you or anyone you know have been assaulted by Dr. Richard Abisla, please file a report with the Falmouth PD and email me at assaultvictims@gmail.com. This man should not have a medical license, and his nurse should not be allowed near patients. Please speak up so that other women don't have to go through this.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I was sexually assaulted here. Richard Abisla wanted to show me my ovaries on the ultrasound after he’d completed the exam. I didn’t want unnecessary probing so I told him i knew what they looked like and wasn’t interested. He told me verbatim, ‘I do this for all my patients' and proceeded to move the ultrasound wand inside me. I tried to sit up and his nurse/receptionist who was in the room put her HANDS on me and forcefully PUSHED me back on the table. I froze- a flight or flight reaction- and was in shock. While I wasn’t able to do so at the time, I’m speaking out now because these people have NO BUSINESS treating patients. If a patient asks you to stop, you do not PUSH them back onto the table- that is sexual assault.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Abisla is great, kind, compassionate doctor and has a great knowledge. He takes time to explain things to patients. He is the best gyn doctor I have met.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Agree with other posters about his receptionist/"nurse" which she is not. To me, it's as if she runs the place and him! She's unfriendly and a major gossip, even tho' she has troubles of her own! If he'd replace her, I may go back but like I said, she rules his office and him.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr. Abisla is great, resolved my issues, but his receptionist Juanita lacks professionalism. She did NOT follow through with my insurance request. Even though I followed up with her three times, I feel I was put off and because of this, I would not return to this physician's office. I agree with previous posts, she is not pleasant and completely changes her attitude when the doctor enters the room. Time for her to retire!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

Dr Abisla has found all my medical issues that my general doctor did not. He addresses things in a timely matter. I feel very comfortable with him and Juanita. I wish my general doctor was as knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

I wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for Dr. Abisla. He is amazing. Also if you have something going on, he will explain it to you in English not Dr jargon. As far as Juanita is concerned, I love her, I just dont condone her bickering with the Dr. In front of patients.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Dr. Abisla is a good Dr. But what made me leave his office was the woman at from desk who is also his nurse. she is very rude when he is not around . She is rude ,condiscending , dismissive . I have a terminal illness and she once said to me "do I expect special service because I have .... . I left the office in tears . But when abisla walks in room she changes 180 %. I don't know her name she is I believe an african american, I am in no way a racist but I can't remember her name. I will be finding a new Dr. Because of her I have left the office feeling bad about myself because of the way she treated me . I have even skipped apts because I get a pit in my gut when i ts time for apointments there . This woman has no buisness in the field of working with woman . She came across as jealous mean I do not trust her. I also was at a get together. A few months back when I walked into the kitchen of the party she was there with a man & 2 other people . She asked how my ( extremely private condition was doing and if id seen a specialist yet and how the meds were working ) I was mortified . What ever happend to hipa . I am in process of finding a new dr. And 3 other woman at that party said same thing and last timei was in the office a woman seated across from me told me the same thing. That she was treated rudely by this smug woman.. I try to find my wrong in every situation. But on as far as this woman goes .it was all on her . I don't belive I should dread going to a dr. Or leave in tears . I also don't like fact that she is a receptionist and his nurse. . I allready feel vunerable enough I don't need her to look at my V over his shoulder . If dr Abisla found a new replacement for her he would be getting better reviews .I haven't heard one good thing about her thru word of mouth

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Abisla for about 20 yrs. I am very happy with him and Juanita his nurse. They are very compassionate and capable. I would not go anywhere else. I feel that I am in great hands.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Dr. Richard Abisla's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Kaiser-Permanente