Ratings for Dr. Norman M. Burns

You are definitely just a number/co-pay to him. If you want a doctor to through drugs at you to shut you up, he's the guy for you. Don't expect him to do any work though. I went to him for two separate issues. My initial reason for going to him was because I would have episodes that gave me painful pulsing muscle spams and left me paralyzed for voluntary movement. I had been hospitalized multiple times, had gone to multiple specialist who said to see a neurologist. When I came to him for a diagnosis, he just shrugged his shoulders. He ordered an EEG, but it didn't show anything because I wasn't having an episode at that specific time. He pretty much said "well they haven't killed you yet, so it can't be that serious." When I pushed that I wanted a diagnosis, he just prescribed me seizer meds, which gave me such bad memory issues that I wouldn't recognize who I had been dating for 9 months. I went back to him and he just shrugged and said "let's wait and see if they get worse." I stopped taking the meds and didn't go back to him. ...until I got hit by a car as a pedestrian and had a severe concussion. I had a concussion specialist that said I needed to go to a neurologist to get neuropsych testing done to see if I had brain damage. Every neurologist had at least a month wait, so I went back to Dr. Burns just to get the testing done quickly. Dr. Burns told me there was no point in doing the test because "sure, we'd know where the brain damage is, but it's not going to change anything.." Umm... IT'D GIVE SOME ANSWERS! Yet again, he through a drug at me that had a good possibility of horrible side effects including "sudden death." Spoiler alert: I didn't take them. Needless to say, at my next checkup with my concussion specialist, he was not happy. P.S. He was NEVER on time, even when I was the first patient of the day. He was an hour late getting into the office. The staff didn't ever let me know how late he was running either. P.P.S. never trust a doctor that shrugs at everything you say.. Shrugging is admitting you don't know what you are doing.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

I saw Dr. Burns about 2 months ago for headaches. He ordered MRI and started me on medication. I am doing so much better now. I had had headaches for years. I only wish I had come to see him sooner.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

I saw Dr. Burns about headaches and pain I had been having for months. I have seen many doctors and other neurologists before. He was the first to take the time to listen to me and start me on treatment. I am now headache free and doing great. Thanks so much!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

I went to see him about numbness in my leg and a burning pain in my left arm. Same as the rating below mine - I was told it was my sciatic nerve and to wait and see what happens and if it happens again to call them. I ended up having the same thing happen again and I had a heart attack. Perhaps if he had taken the time to listen to me and at least LOOK at me and take me seriously this could have been avoided !!! I felt like I was a number - smh

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

I went to dr Burns after a hospital stay for neurological problems. Weak left leg, shocking pain in my ribs, needed a walker to walk, dizzy, double vision. I had MRI's done in the hospital and they were normal. I asked Dr Burns for an EMG and a LP. He said a LP wouldn't show anything and he reluctantly did the EMG which came back normal. He then told me, "I don't know what's wrong with you, go home and wait and see what happens." Are you kidding me?!?. I went to another neurologist and he immediately ordered a LP and asked why this has not already been done. The new neurologist said I had a viral infection that attacked my myelin and that was the reason for my neurological issues. He started me on IV meds and I responded and started seeing improvements within a couple of days. Had I gone home and "waited to see what happened" I would have been in a wheel chair within weeks. That's how fast this thing was progressing. I would never ever recommend Dr Burns to anyone!! Is that how he cares for his patients!!

Submitted December 22, 2017

Dr. Burns is the best! He spent time with me answering all my questions and going over my tests. I wish my other doctors were as kind as him. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I had been to 2 previous neurologists before finding Dr. Burns. I am glad I did. He is excellent. He spent time with, explained things so that I could understand. He went over my MRIs with me and the different medications he recommended. Thanks Dr. Burns!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Dr. Burns is excellent. Very compassionate. Spent a lot of time with me.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr. Norman M. Burns's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Ross Univ, Sch Of Med & Vet Med, Roseau, Dominica (Grad. 1999)

Uhc