Ratings for Dr. Adam J. Marcovitch

I am so pleased with what Dr. Marcovitch has given me - - - my sight without contacts or glasses. He removed cataracts from both of my eyes. This is the first in 49 years that I do not have to wear contacts, glasses or readers. I couldn't be happier. I am glad I had this done and also thankful that my family eye doctor referred me to Dr. Marcovitch.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I couldn't be happier with the results of my cataract surgery with Dr. Marcovitch. I was very nervous going into the surgery but it was over quickly. I wish I had had it done sooner.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

I have found Dr. Marcovitch to be an excellent surgeon and he has always taken the time to explain things thoroughly and help me weigh the pros and cons of surgery. He performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes and I am very pleased with the results. I've sent friends and family to him and they have all said they liked him very much.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

was upset that I was charged 40.00 for my eye glass prescription I understand from looking online every doctor is suppose to give you your prescription without having to ask and no charge! totally unheard of being charge forty dollars for Rx and I will be looking for a new eye Dr. planning on checking into this matter!!!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I am appalled by his lack of compassion toward his patients. The fact that my sister only has one eye and he made her wait a week for a simple procedure to help her see from her only good eye? An office procedure that would take less than five minutes he had no time to perform? Disgusting. I don’t know why he doesn’t have any time he has everyone else doing his work. Sad, glaucoma specialists are not readily available in the area so there are few options. Just be prepared, most of the care from this office will not come from the doctor and when he does show don’t expect to have your issue resolved with kindness or compassion.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Dr. Marcovitch is very young, and my perception is that he's trying very hard to pay off his student loans. I'm sure he has invested a great deal in completing his education, but going to his office is like going to a factory. His "assistants" perform many of the preperatory exams, and you're in and out and over to this room so they can get another patient in and out....and then waiting until he's finished with the last patient. He obviously knows what he's doing medically, but there is no warmth or care in what he does. I am an older patient with a lifetime of experience with doctors. I much prefer a doctor who sees me as a whole person and not just a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Marcovitch for a number of years now. He performed my cataract surgery and I think he is an excellent surgeon. He really takes the time to explain things clearly and I never feel as if he is too rushed to answer my questions. He let me decide when it was the right time to have my surgery done, based on how much the cataracts were bothering me. I really liked that I didn't feel pressure to have the surgery done right away. I've always found the staff at the office to be very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend Dr. Marcovitch!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

Dr. Adam J. Marcovitch's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Hospitals in State College, PA