Ratings for Dr. Randall W. Madison

I have been with him for 15 years and he has been great and he does a good job

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Nice guy. Didn't feel he answered any of my questions. He did take time to educate me, but I just felt it was difficult to talk to him and to feel like he was listening to understand.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

Dr Madison must have thought I was an idiot. I came in for a heavy chest and bad cough. I explained to him I was having trouble sleeping at night so he told me to take a steroid he would prescribe and that would help me sleep! Are you kidding me doc?! Steroids wire people and are usually recommened to take in the mornong! He also made me feel uncomfortable. I felt he was looking at other areas instead of looking me in the eyes. I would not recommend this Dr to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

He has been a very good doctor for me. I will keep going back.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

I went in for a bad sore throat. While he did look at my throat, he did not check my ears or chest which is basic. The nurse wanted to perform a strep test but I requested the doctor see my throat first to see if he thought it necessary. I tend to have a really hard time with the test. He came in and asked if I was a gambling woman?because I didn't want the strep test without him seeing my throat. He would ask a question and wouldn't wait for me to fully answer. I found him argumentative and condescending.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

I left the office crying because he belittled me and made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I've had a rash over my entire body for a week from a spider bite. He hardly looked at one section of my leg and didn't bother to check out the rest. He said "That's it? That's why you came in? He made it seem like I just didn't want to show him...Not the case. He just stared at me with a blank expression expecting me to strip my clothes off. What ever happened to providing a gown to change into? I asked if the small section he saw was hives. He said no, and proceeded to tell me to take Allegra for the hives.... I had already been taking an over-the-counter med for hives and it wasn't working.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

This doctor refuses to terat my parents for what ails them. My mother had back pain for a year and finally forced him to send her for a sonogram. After having gallbladder surgery, she felt fine, although he did not want to have her do the surgery. My father has the tests that show he has gall stones, yet this dr. refuses to schecule him for surgery. Before this, my dad had been deathly ill for almost a month, and all the dr said was "well, we'll just wait awhile..." Fortunately he went on vacation and his sub got dad in right away, diagnosed his illness right away, and prescribed the correct medication to fix the problem. This doctor is a quack.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

Dr Madison is an unabashed Christian doc. If you feel that religious doctrine and medicine don't mix, you should look elsewhere for care. He is a nice and competent doc but if you give him even the slightest impression of being someone with a history of alcohol (or worse yet: drug) use, then expect to be treated like a drug seeker for the entirety of your time with him regardless of whether you are or are not. he's one of those docs that makes that character judgement and then acts like the normal rules of pharmacology don't apply bc you are prescribed a benzo (ie in 2 yrs you should have the same tolerance to the medication and refuse to.even switch meds to see if it helps efficacy). Final complaint is about the fact that he bills me for the highest code (the one used for new patients and extensive diagnostic effort) when I come in for a 5 minute visit to get a refill. Whether I'm there for getting a new med or a minute visit, always its coded as the most expensive code. may not be full fraud but its malfiesence.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Dr Madison is a fine doctor but College Park Family Care is not a quality support staff. When applying for new insurance I needed cholosterol levels and dates of tests. For all other members of the family, their doctors gave me info over the phone or faxed it to me the same day. I was told I was not able to get that info from College Park Family Care. It took 8 calls to finally get someone to help and I was applying for BCBS of Kansas City not Biloxi MS. They must have had this situation many times before. Couldn't believe that they wouldn't allow me access to those numbers. Decided to leave practice. Sent a letter to get a copy of my records which I could have for $50. What? I am healthy, have only been at the practice a few years so it can't be more than a dozen or so pages. Please!!! Also they lost the one document I needed which was a copy of an Echo they did. This office staff is not working for the patients. This was very poor service when I asked for very little.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2010

I feel that I must respond to the rating of 7/23/08. Randy Madison does not have anything that I would regard as an "accent". He speaks clearly and concisely in perfect English. He is fun to talk with too. I particularly like that he tailors his information to my particular level which is more technically oriented. Randy has been my primary care physician for over 15 years and has treated me for sports injuries including a broken bone, skin cancer and several other concerns, and has performed at least three minor office surguries. He has referred me to competent specialists when necessary. For my tastes, Randy has been a little too indirect in giving me bad news but I have to appreciate that he was trying to soften the blow -- this technique might be appreciated by most people. I have never felt hurried at College Park by Randy or by any of the staff. They take whatever time is necessary. Of the physicians I have encountered during my nearly 60 years, Randy Madison is #1.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Dr. Randall W. Madison's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)