Ratings for Dr. Allyson S. Brockman

I have been to this office several times now, you'd think I'd have learned my lesson. The first time I saw another doctor to have 2 moles looked at. She decided to remove them and left me with horrible scars...seriously, they look like bullet wounds. I have had other moles removed before with some, but minimal scarring so I know it can be done. Unfortunately my 'good' dermatologist is in another state, so I couldn't go back to him. Then I decided to go back and try another Dr. and got Dr. Brockman. She seems like maybe she is nice but she doesn't talk to you at all really...which is ok. But I told her things that had worked for me in the past and she instead prescribed me medication that failed to work. I think she got some kickback from the product she did prescribe for me because it was a new medication. It takes me less than 5 minutes to leave my car, go in for an appt, be seen, and leave, rx in hand. Seriously, no exaggeration. I timed it last time.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Brockman is great. She is very courteous and was able to diagnose and help solve my skin issues. There are waiting issues sometimes but not too bad.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

I ahve been going to Dr Brockman for many years and she has always been very helpful, on time and extremely knowledgable. She is ver caring and always takes the time to listen. I have sent many people to her and they have all thanked me for my referral.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

Saw her for rosacea treatment two times. Both times felt as though I got the brush off and all she did was send me away with prescriptions rather than trying to perform and treatments. I'm now seeing a very helpful doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2007

I have been seeing Dr. Brockman for two years now and she has always been diligent and professional. I have a history of skin cancers and I am totally comfortable with Dr. Brockman. I would reccommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2006

My 5 year old daughter had an itchy scalp, and the doctor after maybe 3-5 minutes exam diagnosed her with ringworm, and prescribed her a 6 week treatment with Grifulvin, a medication with bad side effects. The doctor also took a specimen of the scalp tissue for verifying the diagnosis in the lab. After the visit I researched ‘ringworm’ on the web, and found out that my daughter did not have any of the other characteristic symptoms for it. I went for a second opinion, and after a brief examination we found that all my daughter had was head lice, that were immediately treated successfully. What is outrageous to me in Dr Brockman ethics and behavior is not her non-careful examination and obvious misdiagnosis. The outrageous part is that I never got a call back from her (obviously she got the lab results and could have known that my daughter is supposedly taking medication for ailment that she does not have) saying that we should stop the medication. My advice: Don’t go there!_

flag | Submitted January 12, 2006

Dr. Allyson S. Brockman's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 2000)

UPMC