Ratings for Dr. Vernon D. Theis

Was completely dismissive of the information I provided. When I did get a procedure, he said pain is not bad just some advil and alieve and you will be ok.......Funny how the recovery nurses said they want the procedure but the recovery pain scares them! Advil whatever!!!!!And I can take pain!!!!! Just callous and dismissive. I will no longer go there. Such a shame because I used to send all my friends there.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr Theis, and his staff took very goo care of me.. I have been in pain, and he has a plan to go right to the source. I am pleased. It took me 3 times to get it right. Glad I found him!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. Theis is Wonderful! I had to see him when I had a miscarriage and my regular Dr wasn't available. He was so compassionate and caring. I wasn't very far along, but very distraught after trying for a year to get pregnant. He ordered blood work and saw me again a few days later. He explained everything to me, assured me it wasn't my fault and gave me hope. I am going to leave my current obgyn and continue to see Dr. theis

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Theis was referred to me by a friend when I became pregnant over 4 years ago. I had a great experience with him and still continue to see him for my yearly exams. My only complaint on him was during delivery when he seemed to kind of rush through once I delivered my daughter and my husband didn't have the opportunity to cut the umbilical cord. He has always had a great bedside manner and has gone over every concerning detail I've had.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I had a great experience with Dr. Theis. The negative comments by other poster here seem strange. His office staff was polite although I did wait in a busy office for a while but that seems to be true everywhere these days. Dr. Theis came in with a smile and spent a long while listening to me which is something other doctors do not do enough of. I had all my concerns taken care of and left happy. I've been seeing him for 10 years all together after moving away fr some year. I was not nearly as happy with my doctors in Dallas as I am here. All together I could not be happier. Unhappy patients here must post a lot of unhappyness because 3 of the girls I work with I've sent to Dr. Theis and they all thanked me after their visits and they all came away form their visits very satisfied.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011

As a member of the health care profession I am fairly familiar with the way medical practices/procedures and MD work. With that being said, Dr. Theis is VERY professional walks into the room with the chart closed and a smile on his face. He is very compassionate and that is evident by the time he spends with his pts in the rooms. I started off going to another MD and was very unhapy with this MD's attitude. Dr. Theis is very nice and pleasant and easy going to talk to. I don’t know where there negative comments are streaming from. You cannot blame an MD for genetic/metabolic diseases you as the parent carried and passed on to your children. The MD has an MD for a REASON and had he not made the orders to do what he felt was best at that moment you child would probably not be alive for you to sit here and type about it. He is a great MD. I will never go to anyone else. I hope this helps!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Had terrible pain and was told by an ER doctor that I probably had endometriosis. Dr. Theis said "no" but I was in so much pain I wouldn't leave the office until he agreed to do something. He reluctantly scheduled surgery. Before surgery, the anesthesiologist told me that after the surgery he could give me something for the "scar" pain. I said please make sure I get it as I am very sensitive and would really like to have the extra help to heal. After the surgery, the anesthesiologist told my husband that Dr. Theis refused to administer what I had asked for. He clearly likes to see people in pain. I did have endometriosis, but I still had pain after the surgery. On the follow-up visit he had lost the photos -which I had specifically asked to have and told me that, "You can't possibly still be in pain." He also asked, "How bad can it be really?" I never went back. I had to contact the surgical center to get my records! Next GYN was appalled no biopsy had been done-still in pain!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2011

Run away as fast as you can from this man. MY daughter was born in June 1997. ASfter laboring for over 24 hrs, he decided to do a er c-sec, he came back 5 hrs later to do my er c-sec. He didn't give the epidural time to work so I felt him cutting me open. The whole time I was in labor my daughter was losing oxegen. I didn't know at the time by I have a flat pelvis, so there was no way in hell I could deliver natural, he should have know this with as many times they check for dialation. Well, my daughter spent 5 days in the NICU. SHe has since been diagnosed with mental retardation and Autism. Please do not go NEOBGYN.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

On my previous well-woman checkup with a different doctor, I found myself in a clinic filled with framed posters of Jesus, framed prayers, and wooden crosses in the waiting room, hallways, the doctor's office, and the exam rooms. I felt extremely uncomfortable talking about my non-marital sexual status with someone who was so clearly religious. I obviously decided to see another doctor when I started having gynecological issues. Dr. Theis was kind and non-judgmental. He carefully explained why I was having my particular symptoms and reassured me that I was fine. I plan on making him my regular gynecologist. As for being on time, I thought he was as prompt as he could be, given the fact that he's a doctor in private practice.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Theis since 1996 when I moved to San Antonio. I was 18 at the the time and I am now 32. Dr. Theis also cared for me during my pregnancy and 2 surgeries. Dr. Theis is caring and extremely professional. He is a doctor that greets you with a warm smile. Dr. Theis cares for his patients and their family. I am a marketing rep in health-care and deal with doctors all the time and I highly recommend him. Know that OBGYN's are one of the most underpaid doctors with high insurance. If Dr. Theis did not love what he does and care for people in general he wouldn't have chosen the field of healthcare nor would he be as dedicated as he is. He is an honest man who is upfront and does not sugar coat anything. He gives you options when they are available. He allows your husband and family to accompany you, ask questions and be involved in your care. I am blessed to have him as my doctor. (Ginger)

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

Dr. Vernon D. Theis's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1981)

MSP/BC Med