Ratings for Dr. George T. Maughan

Had been a patient there for years.. after having been very.sick for approximately 2 weeks,I had words with the receptionist over the phone and was asked to leave the practice. No one from the office called me for my side of the story just believed her side. i was given 30 days to find a new doctor. Shameful. Needless to say I still miss Sandra Steele , she was a great practicioner. That was almost 9 yrs ago. She was very instrumental in helping to quit smoking. I never got to say thank you. "

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Wait times are not good. Very diificult to contact the office, in my opinion. You cannot even leave a voicemail while the staff is out.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Maughan for several years now, and I really like him. Sure, sometimes you have to wait and whatnot but I've never had a doctor where that wasn't the case. He's very caring and attentive. I recommend him to anyone looking for a good doc to take care of you.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

The best ever, I am a 52 year old and have live around the world and have had many Doctors, he is the best.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

I have been Dr. Maughan's patient since the 1990's and I am very grateful for his competent and careful assessment of various health concerns I have had over the years. He is definitely worth the wait: bring your iPad or laptop, and time will pass quickly as you wait for the best care you can possibly get in Richmond. Watching my husband struggle with some guy popular with the local executive crowd who is selling his concierge service rather than attending to patients' needs has helped me understand the importance of having careful evaluations, even if they take time. It is well possible that next time you will be the one who will need the extra time he takes for the evaluation and you will be grateful that he will have saved you the trouble of going to the emergency room (to be appropriately diagnosed by the hospital's skilled hospitalists).

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Wait time is awful@@!!!!!!!! You are so frustrated by the time Sandra Steele comes to see you!! You need something to calm you down.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Sandra Steele is amazing. Unbelievably thorough. Thank you all for everything you do!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

I also cannot recommend this practice. After two years of waiting 45 minutes to 1 hour or more each time i visited Sandra Steele I finally have had enough. Everyone is pleasant enough, but the disrespect shown towards my time has been was very upsetting. I agree that it's great to have someone spend time with you, but they should consider booking less appointments during the day to give Sandra Steele time to do her work.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

i see sandra steele and i agree that it is frustrating to wait and i always do, but I will say that she listens better and takes more time with you than any other medical professional i have met. It helps me to be patient knowing that she is giving someone else the attention i appreciate.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

I think George Maughan is top-notch. Above all else, you could tell that he genuinely cares about his patients. He's not concerned with the business part of doctoring. He's all about preventive medicene. I recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2009

Dr. George T. Maughan's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)