Ratings for Dr. Steven R. Schweinshaupt

Walked in at 8:00am. Walked out at 8:30am with a prescription. I have relied on Mr. Schweinshaupt for ten years. I feel that he is one of the best in the business. I endured some of the issues with his staff in the past. However, these situations (long wait times, on hold forever,etc.) appear to have been addressed. I would recommend his services to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

The office staff I personally think are very nice and my only one complaint in the past was the darn hold time when calling to make an appointment. I think Dr. Schweinshaupt must of either got a lot complaints about it and was tired of hearing it and fixed that issue. He's a very Pleasant and knowledgeable position with good bedside manner and myself working in the medical field for over 15 years find many physicians do lack that quality. Now sometimes I have had to wait 2hrs before being seen. That sucks when I have my 13-year-old with me and does not like waiting but it is improving... All in all he is a good qualified physician at least my opinion and the office staff are some pretty cool ladies.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

We have been going to this doctor since he opened his office and are DONE with the inefficiency of his practice. My husband is on blood pressure medicine and cannot even get the office to take calls from Walgreens to refill prescriptions! Dangerous and does not even care. The office is not open when advertised. The staff does not even know what normal blood pressure should be. Dr. Is more concerned with his high paying diet patients than his regular patients. We will be looking for a real doctor.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Appointment was 8:30 wasn't taken back until 9:45, waited again until Dr Schweinshaupt came in @10:10, looked at the work up the nurse did seemed confused, asked me 2 questions said he would be right back, 20 minutes later the nurse came in to give me a shot & when I told her that he said he would be right back she told me no he says that but he's done that's why he sent me in. I will not go back, he did not apologize for my wait time, he did not communicate with me. It was a waste of time & $180.00. I would not recommend him and will be going to another Dr who shows some respect for his patients needs & their time.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

1. Making appointments: hold time on phone can exceed 30 minutes (on multiple occasions), tried online scheduling but never confirmed which of the three choices I input so I didn't know when to show up (more than once). 2. Wait time for appointments almost always exceeds 45 minutes. 3. Doesn't seem to know anything about me (after 10 years of going to him) until he reads my chart in front of me. 4. Prescriptions almost always have some sort of error i.e. med left off, wrong med prescribed, wrong amount for dosage and length of time, etc. 5. Labs results are never sent even after requesting in person at the time of blood draw (virtually every time). Impossible to receive any kind of personal service outside of my appointment time.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Stay away! Waited 3 hours in total. Was so mad but no one seemed to even care!! Went in for a rash on my arm and leg... he sent me for blood work and gave me pills for ring worm. I took the meds and my skin got sooo bad i was miserable! At that point I made an appt. with a dermatologist to find out that it was eczema and that the meds where making it worst. The dermatologist gave me samples of cetaphil soap, cerave lotion, and told to stop taking those meds ...3 days later rash gone!!! went in also bc i have problems sleeping wanted to put me on antidepressant! really?! No thanks.. Never went back!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

Waited for 2 hrs. Staff forgot I was there. Called later for another appointment, was told sorry can't help you.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

Have been doing to Dr. Schweinshaupt for over 10 years. My most recent experience and service was the worst I've ever received in my life. Unfortunately this site has a 1000 character limit which isn't long enough for me to write out everything that happened. The one thing I can say is Dr Schweinshaupt isn't all that bad of a Doctor, however his staff are absolutely horrible. I was ordered by his nurse via the phone to come in for an x-ray only to find they do not have capabilities to do x-rays and instead sent me to a lab several miles away. I had to keep calling and bugging them for the x-ray results and caught his nurses lying to me. I will never go back to Dr. Schweinshaupt.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Been there for 10 years. Prescribed wrong b/p meds. Very distant & Oh Well attitude! Wait is very long if you have 9:00 you will be out of there by 11:30. Word to the wise "GET A REAL DOCTOR". MaryBeth is so loyal its pitiful. ask for refills on rx & its like he is not hearing you. Again wrong rxs!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Wait wait wait. Every time I have gone I wait at least an hour. I finally said something and was treated like garbage over it. We need to make Dr's understand our ttime is valuable too and it is not ok to treat us that way.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2011

Dr. Steven R. Schweinshaupt's Credentials

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med, Tampa Fl 33612 (Grad. 1988)