Ratings for Dr. Steven Bruner

He is so awful. Misdiagnosed an easy fix, but potentially life threatening. Dismissed my concerns to rush me out the door. Said it was all in my head. An absolute joke. I was blessed to have the good sense to go elsewhere or I would have been in serious trouble. He's not worth the risk going to. Other review sites have rated him 2/5 and reviewers had all the similar complaints.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I grew up in the military so I have seen a lot of different doctors in my life, but I can't recall one with such a poor bedside manner. He couldn't have been more disinterested in what I was trying to explain and only seemed interested in the sheet I had to fill out prior to coming. When I pointed out I was there for an issue that wasn't on the sheet, he literally rolled his eyes at me and stared at the wall as I tried to explain further. Without any tests or an examination, he wrote me two prescriptions and told me to come back in two weeks. Maybe if he is so burned out, he should consider retiring or at the very least, not seeing any new patients.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I just recently started going to Dr Bruner and I think he does a wonderful job. As a future medical student he is a doctor I hope to be like some day. He is thorough in explaining not only your diagnosis but also explains what he is doing throughout the appointment. For example, today I thought I had a sinus infection so he used this light to see my nasal cavity. He could have very well done the procedure and told me I didn't have a sinus infection. Instead he had me stand in front of the mirror to show me and explain exactly what he was looking for and saw. He has a great bed side manner and makes you feel comfortable. He spends time with you making sure to answer all your questions and is very knowledgeable. I have been to many doctors and I have to say Dr Bruner is one of the best I've seen so far.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

If I would have followed my instincts, I would have left after the first five minutes of my appt. I was new to town and went to see Dr. Bruner. He came in the room complaining to his nurse Jan that today was 'one of those days'. When I asked what he meant, he explained that it was one of those days where the patients all had things wrong with them out of the ordinary. He ignored the symptoms I was seeking help for and ordered a bunch of tests that as it turned out, had nothing to do with my problems. After three visits he told me nothing was wrong and completely misdiagnosed me. Good thing I didn't listen and got a second opinion, I received the attention and help I needed from another physician and as it turns out, I needed surgery asap. Do not waste your time and money on this doctor. He doesn't want to be bothered by his patients, he just wants to collect the office visit and send you on your way. He may have been good once, but that day has passed.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr. Bruner delivered my babies back in the 80's and I absolutely loved him. I moved to California in the 90's and returned in 2000, when I resumed seeing him. He is not the same great doctor he was in the 80's. I went to him for an ear issue, some sort of drainage from it every night that would dry up and block my ear drum, and he said I just had wax on my ear drum. I tried to explain that this stuff was dripping in my ear every night and waking me up, that it was watery and dried to a white crust, and that I had pain. He ignored me, said nothing wrong with my ear, and sent his nurse in to clean out my ear. Even the nurse said stuff coming out was NOT WAX. This doctor is burnt out and does not listen to any of your symptoms, just hurries a diagnosis. I had to wait almost an hour to see him and he spent a whole 3 minutes with me, and of course, did not resolve the problem.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I saw Dr. Bruner for an emergency when my physician was unavailable. Dr. Bruner was, IMO, unprofessional, w/ a poor bedside manner, and unhelpful in the extreme. He did not introduce himself to me or my spouse; he left the door to the examining room open; he did not examine me, but seemed to rely upon my self-diagnosis; he asked questions (e.g., "Why aren't you seeing the doctor who prescribed these pills?", w/o regard to the fact that the prescriber was out-of-state, and w/o testing or examining the possibility that the symptoms were not a result of the prescription anyway), in an aggressive, accusing manner, leaving me to feel that I was at fault, rather than ill. I left his office still feeling ill, w/ no idea what was truly wrong, or even if an OTC might help. The only positive thing I can report is that Dr. Bruner did not rush our visit.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

He delivered me- in 1984- so a lot has changed since then, and I just think he hasn't kept up with the times. I had/have 2 fairly serious conditions that I asked him about what the problem was... and he always blew it off. I went to another doctor who ran some tests, and found out what was wrong- and that I should have been on meds for it. He's ok with general stuff, but if you have something serious- find someone else!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

very helpful, been my doctor for my whole life, good doctor. i recomend him highly.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

Dr. Steven Bruner's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

• BCBS Kansas City