Ratings for Dr. Salwa Z. Girgis

Dr Girgis is one of the finest Doctors that I've worked with. She is one of the most caring and professional doctors that I've ever worked with. She is a great doctor and would highly recommend this doctor to anyone who is seeking great medical services

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Elderly family member was diagnosed by Dr. Girgis as having arthritis and told not to take "too much" pain medication. After weeks of severe pain and physical therapy, the physical therapist recommended a bone specialist. Found out the problem was a bone fracture of the spine. Unnecessary prolonged pain and potentially harmful treatment due to misdiagnosis by this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Very knowledgable about my diagnosis, polite bedside manners.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Went to get ADD medicine for the first time back in 2004. She basically said that I was lazy and lacked self-discipline. She gave me a long lecture on why I SHOULDN'T take ADD med. and just try harder. Somehow she the fact that I'm an only child came up in the conversation. Sometimes it's just not what you say it's how you say it...and she acted like I was wasting her time. She did end up prescribing Strattera (which was kind of new at the time). This stuff made me so sleepy. I never sleep/put my head down in class, but I did when I was on Strattera. It gets better: My neurologist told me that the # of mg she prescribed wasn't even enough for a small child. She had the nerve to tell me that I need to try harder, and now she's being careless with prescriptions?! It's one thing to have an opinion about ADD/ADHD, but you don't have to be careless with someone's life because of it. Especially if you're a DOCTOR. She's a joke.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

Dr. Salwa Z. Girgis's Credentials

• Univ Of Asyut, Fac Of Med, Asyut, Egypt (Grad. 1974)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Baton Rouge, LA