Ratings for Dr. George T. Barron

Dr. Barron is a Most Excellent Choice for anyone looking for a personal or family physician. He has always been very thorough in his dealings with me, listening carefully, asking good questions, providing and discussing a diagnosis that I can understand, and following-up to make sure that all of my questions and concerns are answered. He is brisk and business-like, but I have never felt rushed. I have perfect confidence in him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I can always depend on George to find the best and simplest treatment for whatever is going on with me. George always listens and shows how much he CARES !!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

He listens it makes me feel like I have a say in my medical treatment.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Barron for 20 years and would not consider changing. He is willing to discuss my questions and has always been caring about my medical needs. I do not feel rushed when seeing him.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Bad first experience. I was brushed off and told fibromyalgia isn't a real condition.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I couldn't ask for a better Doctor than Dr. George T. Barron.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I do not recommend this man, I can't call him a doctor. I wonder about his credentials. He is arrogant and has an attitude that he brings into the examining room with him. It's like he is the all knowing wise one and he looks down upon the patient. He is with Piedmont now not Shiland. You are wasting your time if you see this man.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I was with this doctor for over 2 years. I talked more to the nurse than him. The impression I got from him is that he did not have time for me and could care less. He mentioned putting me on diabetes meds and I had to ask him if I was on diabetes. I was finally dropped by him because I did not listen to him. When you have a doctor that will not even talk to you how can you know if you are doing the right thing or not. I would definitely not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr. Barron has always been super helpful to us and has always went above and beyond to help my husband with all that he has going on medically (my husband is a harder case and it has taken a while to figure out the medical mysteries there). We are SO THANKFUL to Dr. Barron and I refer him to others every chance I get. Thanks again. The Kaisers

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

I to ad issues with this man less than two months ago. I asked him abou the numbness in my hands. He immediately said it was carpal tunnel and PRESCRIBED a splint! Well, I told him the splint would be useless with a one year old. Imagine chnaging diapers. He siad to try it. And it was useless. I went to Rueben Orr a chiropractor and he says its not carpal tunnel its irritated nerves. Pops my back and i havent had numbness in my hands at night ever since. I also asked him about putting me back on ritalin since i was experience adult add symptoms, he told me to see a shrink for depression, that nobody in the office would even treat me for such a ridiculous thing. I told him "I cant remember where my bank card is to pay you, so whoses sad now?" Never will he get 350.00 from united healthcare or myself again.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

Dr. George T. Barron's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

(General) Champus