Ratings for Dr. Ben M. Treen

I spent 10 on active duty and had a wide range of experiences with doctors and feared getting any medical treatment afterwards. From my first interaction to my most recent he has always been straight forward and honest with everything I've gone to see him for. He has great bed side manners and is extremely knowledgeable. I had seen PA's, NP's and a handful of doctors about a certain medical issue i was having and i mentioned it in passing to him and he knew exactly what the issue was. He did a screening and confirmed it on the spot in less than 20 minutes. He explained to me it was a very uncommon condition that a few hundred thousand have this condition. I was shocked that he knew what the issue was immediately after hearing the symptoms, and even more shocked he knew the testing procedures also. It isn't even a dermatology issue, he is just that knowledgeable. I'm extremely grateful for having him as my dermatologist.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

So very pleased with the way Dr Treen and staff treated my husband today. He is a very ill man and I am very protective but they treated us both with much respect. We were in for consultation but after Dr Treen saw us he said “if you like I can remove this now and you will not have to come back”. Nurses quickly sat up for surgery and Dr Treen did the procedure.We could not be more pleased with this visit. Please do not let what a very few people have written keep you from makeing and keeping your appointment with this fine group of professionals. Thank you Dr.Treen and staff.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I have been going crazy with extremely bad dandruff and sores on my leg that wouldn't heal for the past several years. It took minutes for me to see Dr. Treen, and a few additional minutes for him to diagnose and prescribe a treatment. He xplained all of my options, and a detailed explanation as to why he made his recommendation. He also provided a full explanation as to the root cause, and possible outcomes if left untreated. If I had known it would've been this easy I would've come in a long time ago. All the staff involved with me were efficient and professional.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I saw dr treen for many years. I had very good results with him

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Treen was my doctor at the powdersville sc clinic. He misdiagnosed me until insisted I had basil cell skin cancer.on my face. He did the test and sure enough it was there. He later removed it and stitched my face. After that the stitches were.removed at a later date however they left some in and i had a terrible infection. Had to go back and cut open to get the ones he left. Terrible pain and his attitude everytime was very unprofessional not only to me but his staff. Hes a jerk and arrogant! Next part is a real kicker- I received two bills for different amounts for the final bill. I have called the office in powdersville at least 20 times and its always off the hook. I have called the office in Georgia at least 10 times and 3 of those times leaving detailed messages to find out which bill is accurate. They have never attempted to call me back. Today is the final straw as i received a collections notice for the amount due. Way to go you big stupid jerk - guess what I high UN-RECOMMEND you and your staff!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I first had problems making an appointment, then they had to change my appointment. When I finally got there I liked Dr. Treen alright. I had some scalp cysts to remove (three of them) and he said he could do it. I also had a place on my leg that he wanted to do an experimental lazer treatment on and he seemed very happy (a bit cocky but still happy) The morning of my appointment for my cyst removal I was told to be there at 745 am so he would have enough time to do them all. I waited in lobby for 20 min and then I was told he did not have enough time to do them all that day! He came in and TOLD me he had too many patients that day and he did not have enough time to do them all and he INFORMED his nurse to just prep me for one removal! He did not even care about my feelings or what I said. I walked out saying some not nice words and not a single person apologized or tried to stop me. I highly recommend NOT going to him... Maybe some people have a good experience here but I DID NOT!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

Dr. Treen did a bad job with the Cinergy laser to treat my rosecea. Maybe it was set too high? it left a burnt spot on my face. Avoid Dr. Treen, I have had other rosecea treatment over the years and never had this happen with other doctors.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

I went for restalyne under eye circles, I told them I had a part to go to on the 21st I had it done on the 11th, I said would my eyes be healed for the party, they said 3 days, so i had it done, well the next days my eyes looked like i went 5 rounds in a boxing match, he said come back for the lazar and i went back the 13th, he said 2 days I will be fine, Well 2 days and I still have boxer eyes, very slight improvement, I now have to buy DERMABLEND for my black eyes, I am mad they said 3 days i would be healed.I had asked the receptionist, nurse and doctor and they all said 3 days and i would be great for the party on the 21st!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

Dr. Treen may be reasonably knowledgable but I found him to be disrepectful interpersonally. It was clear that his time was more valuable than any of his patients. I found him to be condescending and rude and I am not someone who is overly sensitive or easily insulted. There are too many other qualified professionals available in his field that aren't narcistic as he is. I won't be returning.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

had smart lipo done by Dr. Treen, left me disfigured, my abdomin was perfectly fine to begen w/ i just had a little pouch (i'm 5"8 and only 130lbs, i'm not a big girl) he left w/ abdonim all lump, i paid 4000.00 for the lipo, had it done twice, and still no change! for my last pre-op appt he said i looked great and i told him that i was unhappy w/ my stomach looked so disfigured and he just said, it looks good to me!!!! and after that he was not nice at all! would not recommend him to anyone, not even my worest enemy! so now i have to go to a plastic surgen in ClT to fix all the irregualities that Dr. Treen left behind, so now that's going to be more money! people saty away from that place!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr. Ben M. Treen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1982)