Ratings for Dr. Mildred Balma-Rodas

It is a good thing she retired. She misdiagnosed my mom and my mom went untreated and my mom found out she had Ovarian Cancer. My mom later died. I think my mom's illness may have been a huge reason why this horrible lady retired. Because of this lady neglect to my mom my mom died and I can never get her back. I am delighted to see that she retired.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I had been a patient of Dr. Balma-Rodas for many years, until she abruptly 'left' her practice without any notification to her patients. It would have been considerate if she had provided a letter saying that she was leaving and who would be taking over for her, but I received no such notification. Then the 'new' staff were extremely rude when I called to get copies of my medical records so that they could be sent to my new doctor. Very unprofessional how it was handled, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

I went to Dr. Balma Rhodas for about 10 years. I cryed when I found out she retired. She is the most wounderful Dr. I have ever known. She was not only my obgyn, She was very concerned always about my Osteoprosis and other problems I had. I can not praise her enough. Linda B.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

Rude from the beginning, she scheduled to have me induced on the same day that she scheduled a surgery. During my childs delivery she was not present for most of the labor and thought she had the right to come in the room and yell at the nurses on hand for not doing their job "properly" when she was the one that was not their helping with the delivery. After this experience I found a new OBGYN and am satisfied.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

I first started seeing Dr. Balma-Rodas in 1987. She quickly diagnosed my problem and performed surgery on Christmas Day. I have continued as her patient and have always been very satisfied with her. I was saddened to hear she recently retired. I was expecting to receive a letter explaining this, but I never did. I found out when I called for an appointment with her and was told another doctor was available. I said I would prefer to see Dr. Balma-Rodas, as she had been my doctor for 20 years. I was told that I would like the new doctor "better" than Dr. Balma-Rodas. I was quite shocked at that comment.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

I wanted to get a second opinion about my condition. Requested copy of my file be sent to other doc. Got rude and curt letter from her office saying I was no longer a patient there. Probably just as well since I love my new doctor!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2008

I thought the doctor was very intelligent and her bedside manner was appropriate. I just resent having to wait for an hour for her to arrive. I made the effort to be there on time and deserve the same respect.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2006

she was not infomative almost arogant her bed side maner was not good

flag | Submitted April 20, 2006

Excessively longer waiting times leading to less and less time for office visits and this patients questions. You may want to require a telephone call, instead of waiting for a pre-arranged office visit, to receive good test result notification. Why worry any longer than absolutely necessary when the results are good (not bad)? Responded poorly when patient expressed dissatisfaction. On the other hand, office staff was always very friendly, cheerful, helpfull and professional.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2006

Condescending, late, poor bedside manner, almost to the point of being rude. On the plus side, her office staff was always very friendly and helpful (they were always trying to smooth ruffled feathers after the doctor left the room).

flag | Submitted December 28, 2005

Great West
  • Humana - ChoiceCare PPO
  • Humana Medicare
Mail Handlers
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Umr