Dr. Joan S. Adams

Ratings for Dr. Joan S. Adams

I will never go back. Office reeks of smoke and she sent personal information on test results to my home via mail which was opened by others and read.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

Horrible Doctor and staff who were demeaning and mean to my 16 year old daughter who thought she had a problem. I a single dad was totally lost, while the Doctor was yelling at my child for crying and being worried about her health. I think it's time this Dr. Hangs it up and retires, as she is just damaging not helping to patients. How dare she and her demeaning staff treat anyone the way they did.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I only gave one star because zero stars is not an option. This QUACK needs to retire ASAP! If you read these reviews and still try your luck with her I feel bad for you. She's very condescending and rude. She never gives you the opportunity to discuss your issues before she goes off on you for what she thinks you did wrong and how stupid you are and how you can't stay away from "mr. wonderful" (which is how she refers to your boyfriend or husband) mind you I'm celibate, and she continuously yells at me for not choosing to be on the pill. She makes uncomfortable faces and sounds while examining you. She talks trash about her other patients to you and tries makes you feel like an idiot every chance she gets. And it doesn't help that she NEVER shuts up! You won't get a word in edgewise! God for bid you come into her office with a real concern, you can bet your bottom dollar that she'll NEVER address it! Oh, and did I mention that she yells and gets angry at YOU when SHE shows up 1.5 hours late to your appointment. Her office stinks and reeks of cigarette smoke. AVOID! You've been warned!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I just moved to Yonkers and needed to see gyn. I was able to get an earliest appt with her office and decided to go. She asked me about birth control pillls and when I said I do not use it, she talked during entire visit about her views on why women should USE birth control pills. I did not feel comfortable telling her Im against the pills because she kept talking about how women should use birth control pills. I did not feel comfortable with her, and will not be going back to her.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

This doctor spends time with patients, listens to their questions and answers them fully in a clear manner in which everything is understood.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Worst experience ever with a physician! She tried to pressured me into taking birth control but when I refused she became condescending and demeaning because I asked questions. She is a horrible physician and should have her license revoked.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Would recommend this doctor to everyone. Takes time to discuss all health issues. Truly interested in your questions.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Cannot agree with some of these ratings. Dr, Adams has been my gyn for 14 years and I find her excellent. Friendly, knowledgeable, professional and address the problem satisfactorily. Her staff has always suited me and do an outstanding job.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Very unhappy with treatment given by Dr. Adams. I would look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Finally found a doctor who cares and spends time with patients.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Joan S. Adams's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)