Ratings for Dr. Thomas W. Hilgers

After 8 years of suffering from sever pelvic pain I finally went to a obgyn October of 2015 who did a laprascopoic surgery to look for endometreosis she only found one spot and used ablation. I was still suffering from sever pelvic pain I found Dr Hilgers and he did a diagnostic laprascopoic surgery to look for endometreosis March 4th of 2016 he found it everywhere it's really bad and causing 3 two inch holes near my butt I also. Have it on my butt my ovaries everywhere except for my bowels liver and appendix. I'm scheduled for a robotic excision surgery March 29th to remove all of it and he's going to save all my organs. I couldn't be happy with him and his staff. They have all been very compassionate and caring. I owe my life to him as he is going to save me and remove all the endometreosis! I would receive him to anyone who is dealing with endometreosis. He truly knows what to look for and how to properly remove it.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

This doctor has a reputation for diagnosing the majority of his patients with endometriosis and doing unnecessary surgery. I knew this, when I scheduled my first appointment. However, I thought I would give him a try, considering his loyal following of patients. So I was not surprised when Dr. Hilgers told me that I most likely have endometriosis and he needed to do exploratory type surgery (there must be good money in endo surgery). I told him that my periods were regular, that I never had cramping or discomfort during my cycle and that none of the other specialists had diagnosed me with endometriosis. He told me that 50% of patients never have symptoms. I knew though for a fact that I did not have this diagnosis, for I just had a hysteroscopy by a specialist in Omaha. If you are interested in natural family planning, I think this clinic is just fine. However, you can save plenty of money by just Wikipedia Natural family planning.. I understand that Dr. Hilger's founded NaPro technology. However I have gone to his classes and the gist of it is the same. Natural family planning. If you have complex infertility issues or numerous miscarriages I would recommend seeking out a different clinic. I felt obligated to post this review after meeting three different women this year who were all told by this doctor that they had endometriosis.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Always feel comfortable, Dr Hilgers always makes time to answer my questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I realize Dr Hilgers has successfully helped many people, but that was not the case for us. We sought treatment with him as a last resort for fertility issues and after 2 years and 2 surgeries with no success and no variation is prescriptions (wouldn't you think he would at least try something different) we have had enough. Routinely during consults he is unfamiliar with the medical chart and what our issues even are, and during the last visit he was rude and unprofessional. I feel we were treated as just a number instead of people undergoing a very difficult and emotional situation. We paid this man a lot of money, since insurance did not cover much of the cost, with zero results.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

I live in Canada and paid out of pocket for Dr Hilgers to perform a laparoscopy on me. I've tried for 5 years in Canada to find out the problems and got no where, and he knew immediately what it was before surgey (endometriosis). I won't trust anyone else do the surgeries because he is so experienced, precise, and thorough. He tells it how it is! My PMS has improved significantly, and look forward to working with him as we try to conceive.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

I loved Dr. Hilgers and his staff! After years of pain and a year of being infertile, I am finally finding hope. Everyone at Pope Paul VI was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and comforting. I didn't have to wait at all, and Dr. Hilger's assessment and treatment methods are very promising! I finally feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel for my infertility and endometriosis. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

He by far is the MOST knowledgable and thorough doctor I've ever met! He knew exactly what was wrong within 5 minutes of looking at my charts. Did surgery for PCOS & endometriosis, then hormones & got pregnant 7 months later! 100% success from his treatment plan. I only trust his opinion when it comes to infertility. I absolutely recommend him to any woman suffering from infertility. You won't be sorry.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2009

His treatment for my PMS was top notch. We also believe without his help with keeping me at a good progesterone level throughout our last pregnancy, we wouldn't have been able to carry to term and have the healthy baby we have.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

Dr. Hilgers warned me that I needed surgery 6 years ago, but since i had no pain, I ignored him. Sad to say, b/c I didn't he his advice, i had to have 3 ft. of my colon and 2/3 of my rectum removed due to endometriosis. On the good side, he COMPLETELY removed the endometriosis and I am symptom free! Surgery really is the only way to 'cure' endometriosis. Don't be fooled by the lie of the 'pill'.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Dr. Hilgers gets to the root of the problem and fixes it there. He is a Catholic (read: no birth control pill) doctor who created his own method of Natural Family Planning that is effective at diagnosing infertility problems.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2008

Dr. Thomas W. Hilgers's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1969)

MSP/BC Med