Ratings for Dr. Matthew A. Berger

love him and his staff they are kind curtious sincere friendly understanding

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

He is wonderful and so is his staff always treats me with respect and always returns my calls even at 3 am

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

Dr Berger is a genius in psychiatry He is to psychiatry what John Nash was to Mathematics

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

I dont see my comment I just wrote, he is distusting in every way he could b rated!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Dr. Berger treated my dad with alzheimers by over medicating and he was never the same. Never returned calls.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Berger for the past 10 years. I went to him when a psychologist I had initially been seeing for depression, noticed some changes in my moods. He suggested I see a psychiatrist because he suspected bipolar disorder. The first time I met Dr. Berger and was evaluated, he put my mind at ease about my disorder and treatment. It was a long difficult haul to get me stabilized. Many hospitalizations and med changes (trying to find the most effective for me.) Dr. Berger was always available in an emergency. I found him to be a very compassionate man, understanding and addressing all of my concerns. I do not believe I would ever find another psychiatrist that would work so well with me. The PA's and nurse practitioners I have seen have all been intelligent and caring. I have never been displeased with any of them. Dr. Berger's office staff.....some of them do need some training for dealing with patients. Some, not all, won't even smile. I have felt, at times, that I am disturbing them when I go to check-in. Like some other patients, I do feel Dr. Berger has too large a patient load. I do feel patients should be seen by Dr. Berger more often through the year. As far as billing and payments go, I have found him more than accommodating . He is willing to accept any amount I can afford, as long as I attempt to make some kind of payment each month. In my opinion, you can't really ask for more than that. I would highly recommend Dr. Berger to anyone in need of psychiatric help.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

After reading the comments from others, I know that my feelings about Dr. Berger and his office are right on! Very poor service and very condescending too! Do yourself a favor and try to eat right, exercise, or talk with a close friend, or get a pet. It will be better for you in the long run and be cheaper too! They aren't interested in you, just your money or insurance or both. Be your own counselor and heal thyself.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Many years ago I did see Dr. Berger..suffered from a very severe depression, anxiety even suicidal. I even went through 6 shock treatments to get through this depression. after many years i feel myself slipping back into it due to the death of my daughter, I called today to see if I can get back in with him before get severe, I was declined to see him because of an outstanding bill 6 years ago of 300 and some dollars. I wonder if they read the oath that they took when they became a doctor. never in my life have I ever been more disappointment in a doctor as I was 4 hours ago by his receptionist.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Script writing for patients you have never seen, rude staff, money-hungry, accepting too many patients, then blaming that on terrible care. The P.A's should go out on their own, and receive the money, and satisfaction for doing the work that they do. Please go find a qualified psychologist, or psychiatrist that will spend time with you, get to know you, and can can really help you. Not just give you a pill.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

I've been going to this clown'sxoffice for 6 months now for depression. I have only recently met him because I was hospitalized. He has his PA deal with his patients The medications are a crisp shoot and he doesn't care. How can you prescribe medication when you haven't talked to or disgnosed the patient?? When I did meet him, he was rude and arrogant. He made me more depressed. He should lose his license!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015