Ratings for Dr. Amber Darey-Thomas

Horrible experience twice with staff and Dr. Not a 3rd time!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

When I broke my foot she was great - because it was something obvious with a clear course of treatment. When I was having hearing problems and buzzing sounds in my ears, her basic response was, "Well that's weird." No tests, no referrals to audiologists, nothing. If you have something incredibly specific, go to her. Anything mental health related or anything that takes work to diagnose, go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

She is a very friendly, outgoing doctor who makes you feel very comfortable with her down to earth manner. She does not talk over your head; she spells everything out in everyday terminology so that you leave completely understanding what was talked about during a visit. I highly recommend anyone needing a new physician visit with Dr. Darey-Thomas.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

Love her, she is a great Doctor and is very friendly and explains things in every day talk.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

I have always be satisfied with the results that I have gotten from her. She treats me as individual not as a number or insurance claim. I have been taking her advise since I first went to her. Her staff is excellent as well.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Dr. Darey Thomas was on medical leave, so I agreed to see the P.A. I went in for presription refil and when I tried to ask a question about a new presription, I was told I would have to research it myself on the internet. The P.A. refused to answer my question because she said she was too busy.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Office and triage staff are rude and are not the least interested in customer service. If your desperate for help call at 8am, if not you're out of luck. Darey-Thomas is knowledgable and pleasant but the nurses will drive me away from this office.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Darey Thomas for about 10 years. Things were good until recently when I began having severe medical issues. This office is completely unorganized. It takes MONTHS to even get an appointment. They act like it is such a burden on them when you have questions/concerns. Like I said, I was seeing her for 10 years but now I am DEFINITELY finding myself a new doctor/doctor office. Completely unprofessional staff. They barely return my phone calls when I have concerns.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

I only saw her about 3 times and each appointment seemed very rushed. I came to this office on a Friday for emergency pain and when I came out of the restroom all the staff were gone and the one doctor left (Dr. Houtman) refused to see me and told me to go to the ER. They couldn't even take 2 minutes to look at me. I would NEVER ever go back here and wouldn't recommend these doctors to anyone unless they had a death wish. Who needs illegal assisted suicide when you have doctors like Dr. Darey-Thomas or Dr. Houtman who can legally get away with purposely neglecting patients.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Darey-Thomas is very friendly and easy to talk to. However, she was unable to identify when I had a cyst on my tailbone that was bursting until after it had burst and caused me a great deal of pain. Instead she told me there was nothing she could do for tailbone pain and sent me on my way. She also refused to give me straight answers about getting an IUD and had to refer me to another doctor when I insisted on one. I went to Planned Parenthood instead, and have not been back to Dr. Darey-Thomas since. She's a great doctor - until you have a problem.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Dr. Amber Darey-Thomas's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1998)