Ratings for Dr. Frank Faris

He mis-diagnosed my condition and reported it to the system with a report of cancer. We clearly told him it was a family history of cancer, not that I had it. When confronted he refused to correct it and asked for another $1000.00 to proceed. His response was "nothing I can do about it" even though he created it. I now have to live with a diagnosis of cancer in the health system, when it is blatant untrue. His total time spent in the room was less than 5 minutes and he made this diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Run to another doc... don't walk. He makes you feel stupid for not knowing his medical terminology. Cannot talk on a patient level.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

I never had a wait problem, 20 minutes art most. He hadn't seen me for 5 months and we were waiting to start a new treatment. He asked me to remind him of my details. He has a very good reputation. Just throw questions at him. He's always willing to answer but he's busy because he's that good.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

First impression "NOT GOOD"!!!! The office staff got my appoint mixed up. No apology. And was told I could continue to wait but he still had to other patients in front of me!!! NOT.... I walked out

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

I don't know why he SEES patients. I wasn't asked anything, I was told everything. In fact, without asking me a question at all he determined I was asking about LapBand Surgery, (wasn't), wanted a colonoscopy, (if he read anything in my chart he'd see why I can't have one), and apparently I take a lot of meds I never have even tried. But, he cut me off on any questions, never let me determine if he even KNEW what I had wrong- and when I finally blurted out, as he was shuffling out the door, what my issues were- he sat back down as if he was surprised it was a NEW story than what he is used to treating. He's an uncaring, unbelievably self-involved, non-listening man and the idea that he actually is attempting to have MY insurance pay for surgery that I can't have is unconscionable. I'm never seeing him again. My first clue should have been the 48 minute wait, and hearing ALL patients before me getting scheduled for "The Procedure" as they walked out. Avoid him!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

I respect Dr Faris. He visited my father in the hospital, even on weekends. He was the "liver Dr" and was very knowledgeable and always let me know exactly how he was doing. He usually visited him 7 days a week, 1x a day, as well as seeing patients at his clinic. He was very short or "to himself", came in did his business then left, but I felt that he was optimistic and was treating my father aggressively. He took the time to talk to our family members on the phone while he was in the hospital room. I am very satisfied with Dr Faris, and will visit him if anyone in my family needs a GI.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2008

I'm not shure this guy exists.All you ever get to see is an inexperienced PA.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

There is allways at least an hour wait in the office. I was schedualed for a proceduer by himm, he did not show up and had someone else do it with out letting me know ahead of time.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2005

Dr. Frank Faris's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1987)