Dr. Mazin Alayssami

Ratings for Dr. Mazin Alayssami

Told me my insurance was valid day of appointment after I expressed interest in cancelling over concern I believed my insurance was no longer in effect during job change. Per their confirmation my insurance was valid, I proceeded with appointment. Insurance wasn't valid. They literally did - not - give - a - F that it went down like that, I owed them, period. Do I really have to say, Don't lie to me then stick me for as much as they could charge me. ie They don't respect you.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Getting an appointment requires an act of Congress. There is never availability, then you have to call back for weeks hoping for a cancellation. The first appointment is just a short consultation; then they reschedule for a cleaning. Amazingly, my whole family required deep cleaning at $250 a pop!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

I was a patient at Dr. Alayssami's Vienna/Dunn Loring office and I concur with the other comments. At every appointment they tried to sell me some expensive procedure that no other dentist I saw before or since ever even suggested. First it was adult braces. Then a deep cleaning. Then they insisted that my low gumline required a skin graft to restore my gums to the tune of $3,000 performed--of course--by their in-house periodontist. Other dentists either haven't mentioned my low gumline, or have just mentioned it as something to keep an eye on.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

FIND ANOTHER DENTIST. I went here because our HMO limited us to a handful of dentists in the DC Metro area. I was already wary when my check-up at this office led to the diagnosis of six or seven cavities, the need for multiple crowns, and a possible root canal. Even with insurance, it would be $2200+ out of pocket. Later, I read review here and elsewhere about dubious procedures. I returned for two "deep cleanings", but held off on other work until "open season" allowed us to switch dentists. When I returned to my old dentist (Dr. Rothkoph, a well regarded DC dentist), he took a look at me and saw only ONE cavity. He didn't see the rest of the items on Dr. Alayssami's wish list. I was amazed. In short, believe what others are saying. On top of all this, the office was badly run. Staff were rude. Long waits before and after service. This place is untrustworthy at best, potentially fraudulent. Stay away....

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

I went in for a cleaning. Instead, I got a consultation, a list of recommended work totaling in the thousands of dollars beyond what my insurance would cover, and a bill for the visit. Horrible experience. Find an honest dentist and avoid this guy like the plague.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

Horrible experience! Very limited dentists on our Aetna plan and this one was everything the reviews have indicated. My children went in for a basic cleaning and their teeth were never cleaned. They took x-rays and then gave them a 10 minute sales pitch on numerous products. They wait an hour to be seen. I will do everything I can to make sure Aetna does not pay out for these services. DO NOT GO TO THIS DENTAL PRACTICE!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

Do not let them clean your teeth until any work has been completed to the fullest extent. We are leaving him and the fact is that his subordinate dentists are either graduates from last week of they are of low technical skill. Both my wife and I had problems. The doctor seems to have the schooling for his profession, but the quality of the service is no way near up to par. I had work performed by him that was average, yet when small complications occurrrrrrred, he acted as if it was my problem and I'd have to pay the piper due to the fact that an appointment was not set up as should have been, according to him, by the staff... He seems to be money hungry, over the well being of his patients...

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

DO NOT GO THERE, Waste of your money and time, they will suck your money, The OFFICE STAFF are the horrible people that you ever spoke with. The doctor I saw was the big time money sucker they will scare you to bill you as mush as possible. This place is a BIG BS.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

DO NOT GO THERE....There are very bad with keeping appointments, they do a bad job with tooth vineer's and as a basic cortesy they dont even stay after they finish the job, not even untill the patient looks at his teeth. Dr. Miami is hungry and untidy all the time. Gosh!!! they are the worst dentist in town.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010