Ratings for Dr. David M. Weinstein

Top surgeon, explained everything, am extremely happy with the result of my TSA.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Dr. David M. Weinstein's response
Thank you so much for your review! We are glad to be able to help our patients understand their conditions better.

Submitted September 22, 2016

Rating for this physician...-100. A total self aggrandizing, megalomaniac, and makes you feel that you're "just another slab of meat for him to cut on". Believe me when I tell you he could care less about you or your family. Try waiting eight weeks to get the results of your MRI. Upon hearing I had gone to have consultations and recommendations with other physicians, contrary to his approach, he not only became verbally but also physically abusive. So much so I'm sure the whole office heard me scream from his "so-called" examination. After 6 consultations, I'm sure he spent a total of 30 minutes with me. That was enough and would STRONGLY ADVISE you to seek you medical attention elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Dr. David M. Weinstein's response
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with Dr. Weinstein, at Colorado Center for Orthopaedic Excellence we strive to ensure that our patients have the best care with the best doctors. We would like a chance to further speak to you in regards to your experience, please contact us at customercare@ccoe.us or call our office at 719-623-1050. Our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction.

Submitted September 22, 2016

Weinstein seems to be a good surgeon, but wow does he charge a lot. The bills are still rolling in from my surgery and his office is charging me an office visit for my 2nd post-op appointment. Apparently, once it has been 90 days since your surgery, they start charging for the appointments that the surgeon tells you to make to continue monitoring progress on his work. Also, both of those appointments I had to wait an additional hour because Weinstein got backed up.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. David M. Weinstein's response
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at our practice. Rest assured that your encounter is being thoroughly reviewed and that we are endeavoring to improve the patient experience in our office. We will definitely address your concerns with the appropriate personnel. So that we can address this matter quickly, please contact us at customercare@ccoe.us or call our office at 719-623-1050.

Submitted September 22, 2016

I could not recommend Dr. David Weinstein under any circumstances. I found him to be arrogant and overly confident in his abilities as a surgeon. Certainly I understand things can go wrong during surgery, however a good doctor would face up to his mistakes and take responsibility for them. When I tried to explain my pain and symptoms to Dr. Weinstein following total shoulder replacement, he was egotistical and belligerent and would not let me complete a full sentence without interrupting me. When I said I was not finished speaking, he would not look me in the face but looked down at the floor as if bored and uninterested. The surgery left me with brachial plexes nerve damage to the median nerve which caused numbness in the three middle fingers in my hand and excruciating pain in my shoulder. Dr. Weinstein blamed the anesthesiologist and assured me it would heal within 3 months at which time I had to insist he send me for nerve testing which confirmed the diagnosis. I have since had my other shoulder replaced by another doctor with no complications. Of course one doctor is hesitant to discredit another, however it was suggested to me that perhaps Dr. Weinstein overstretched the nerves and sometimes they can heal over time and sometimes further surgery is required to repair the nerves. Rather than healing in three months, I have developed "clawing" from my finger tips to my elbow. Occupational hand therapy did not help. I understand doctors "practice" medicine and mistakes happen, but what angers me is Dr. Weinstein's egotistical attitude. BTW, he came highly recommended to me and I am sure he has performed well for many others, but I think it is time for him to retire; he has become too full of himself.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr. David M. Weinstein's response
Thank you for your input regarding your visit to our practice. We are very sorry you had this experience. We are researching your information, contact us at customercare@ccoe.us or call our office at 719-623-1050 to address the matter with you.

Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr. Weinstein will refuse medical care to you if you are not an Olympic Athelete!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. David M. Weinstein's response
Thank you for your feedback, rest assured all of our doctors at Colorado Center for Orthopaedic Excellence are accepting new patients, regardless of Olympic affiliations. To schedule an appointment please visit our website www.ccoe.us or call us at (719) 623-1050.

Submitted September 22, 2016

I had to wait 4 hours for my initial appointment in his office.....then for surgery, they called me and asked if I could come early...we ended up waiting with the IV needle in my arm for over 2 hours....I'd say that he's nice and probably knows what he's doing but he needs to work on time management with his patients and scheduling correctly

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

I was very impressed with my first visit. The day of the surgery I arrived at my scheduled time. My surgery was scheduled for 1:30 then 2:15, then 3:00 and finally 4:00. I expected the doctor to talk to my daughter after my surgery. Instead around 8:00 pm he came by my recovery room for approximately fifteen to twenty seconds. I was told the tear was larger than expected not to move my shoulder for six weeks. I did not see him for six weeks. I had problems after surgery and had a VERY difficult time reaching a person. My daughter had to insist to speak to his nurse after leaving a message and waiting 90 minutes. I was anxious to hear what he discovered during surgery. When I arrived at my scheduled time I was informed the doctor was running 90 minutes late. I was free to go somewhere and come back if I wanted. They should have called me. When it was my turn I had about five minutes and felt very rushed. He might be a great doctor but I will never know. Go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I was very very disappointed with their service . The staff is very inefficient and always running late. It took him only 2mins to talk to me. Goodluck in having his MA return your calls, results of MRI took weeks and can't even schedule a surgery. His asst Sharon won't even return your calls ever! It was a mistake going to this doctor. Don't believe all the hype regarding that Olympic experience of his go to a doctor who will treat you better . 0 out of 5!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Appointment ran a little late but with his knowlege and expertise I would expect that. Since Dr. Weinstein took the same amount of time explaning everything to me it was worth the wait!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

excellent care. I had to wait 45 min but worth every minute would recomend Dr weinstein to everyone

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

Dr. David M. Weinstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Massachusetts