Ratings for Dr. Lana Boter

Dr. Lana Boter is a great doctor with possibly the worst staff I have ever encountered. From the moment they pick up the phone the contempt they have for her patients is so clear. I have encountered issues with appointment times, wait times, office cleanliness, and misinformation in emergency situations. Despite this the doctor herself is quite amazing. I would give her 5 stars but the mismanagement of her office is so bad I can only give her 2.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Zero rating. I rarely write reviews especially for my doctors. During my last visit Dr.Boter was deliberately unpleasant to me. I was not able to share my health issues with her but instead I was happy to be out of her office. Why would the clinician manipulate the patients by been rude or deliberately unpleasant? I do not recommend Dr.Boter to other patients.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Boter is awesome! She is so smart, and she really takes the time to get to know you. She is the best Ob Gyno in New York City, as far as I'm concerned. She helped me with a problem I've had for years that nobody else even TRIED to help with.I can't recommend her highly enough.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2010

I've been going to Boter for checkups for a few years. I thought she was nice, but now that I'm pregnant I see quite an ugly side of her. The office is very hard to reach- voicemail during office hours is standard. At 3+ months, I questioned her rule of no coffee, sushi, tea, wine- at all, ever. I simply asked if a one small coffee a day was safe. She looked at me like I asked if I could smoke crack. Ditto when I asked if a bit of wine with dinner was okay occasionally. She asked 4x if I quit smoking (of course I did!) She went on to ask "Are you sure you want to keep this baby? B/c it doesn't seem that way." How DARE she. Add to this the fact that, a month before my wedding, when I spoke with her about my frustrating lack of sexual desire, her response was "Are you sure you're marrying the right guy?" I've never cried so hard. How inappropriate and unhelpful. If you want someone you can have an honest talk with, who doesn't judge or make you feel bad/selfish/guilty, look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Dr. Boter was the kindest, smartest, most gentle OBGYN I have ever been to. She took her time getting to know me and gave me a truly thorough exam. I have nothing but the highest recommendation for her, and trust me, I have been around.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010

I have nothing nice to say about the doctor or the office staff. -----

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Dr. is considerate with bedside manners and the staff is okay. However, on my last visit, there was a new assistant who didn't know me and didn't care to. She asks me to pee in a cup, but I tell her that need some water to drink first, she scolds me for not being able to pee on demand, then she tells me there is no water fountain, that I can "go find tap water" so I ask her for a second cup and she dismissively hands me back the same cup to pee in and says I can drink out that first. Dr. Boter's assistant recommended to me that I drink from the same cup I should pee in! That is outrageous and unthinkable! Would you give your clients a toilet shaped mug? No? Would you do that to your dog? No! Dr. Boter apologized, but the assistant never did. She told me that she is a replacement for the original assistant who I really appreciated - if she is not there again next month and I have to deal with this classless, tactless (hopefully just a temp) individual, I will have to rethink going back.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

I can only rate this doctor based on staff and helpfulness, in which case I would only give negative ratings. The insurance company provided me with her number and address, which I called to make an appointment. The staff member who made the appointment was incredibly rude and unhelpful, but I kept the appointment anyway. When I went for my appointment, it turns out their listed address is their billing address, not their office address. They were incredibly rude about this mistake as well. I wasted a morning, dealt with rude receptionists and never got to see the doctor. Needless to say, I'm changing my OB/GYN and I would not recommend this office.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

Lana is AMAZING!!! i was so nervous going in becuase i thought it would be a painful experience..she was a very active listener and realy cared about me and what i was saying..the exam took maybe 2 minuts at the most and i didnt feel a thing..it was a painless experience and i wouldnt mind keeping her as my regular gyno..please dont hesitate to make an appt with her..she will keep you laughing and make you feel VERY comfortable..trust me you dont feel a thing..

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

I'm french and after 3 years in new york, I found hard to find a doctor who cares and seems knowledgeable and experienced. I tried other gynecologist but I have been always disappointed by the way they treated me. With doctor Boter, its has different though. She is very warm, chatty, takes the time to explain things,and her staff is very nice (which I find very rare in NYC!!) I will definitely come back to her for my routine annual check up.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Dr. Lana Boter's Credentials

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1996)