Ratings for Dr. Roger B. Rowles

Dr Rowles does not listen to his patients. He can hear and acknowledges your words with a friendly smile and nod but he doesn't actually listen. This is my 5th child. 3 born in an Army hospital and one at Swedish in Seattle. He looked at me like I was out of my mind when I told him I have silent labor, when I told him my concerns with the nurses when I go into the hospital with the silent labor (bad experiences at the Army Hospital) he just shakes his head and smiles, total 1 way conversation, completely disengaged to the point that he literally has 1 foot out the door during the appointment he is already 30 mins late for. I dropped him for at Midwife at 32 weeks. I couldn't tolerate his crap anymore. I thought it was just me but after the last appointment, I'm done being treated like S***!If you are satisfied with a hands off Doc, go for it but if you expect more for your time and money,stay far away from this guy! You deserve to be listened to and treated like a patient, not a number

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Does anyone know if he will do a VBAC after have had 4 c-sections?

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr Rowles was HORRIBLE. I had a very high risk pregnancy but it was my 4th high risk pregnancy the other 3 were delivered by Julia K Robertson. I went to Dr Rowles since I was so high risk referred by Dr Robertson referred me. My last appt before my induction I specifically explained that I only dilate to a 9 and my last son had been born at a 9 because of scar tissue. He blew me off saying "we'll cross that road when we get to it". When we got to it he refused to come deliver until I dilated to a 10 even though he was in the hospital. I needed to push for 4 1/2 HOURS! I began to deliver my cervix and was hemorrhaging badly. My nurse called him many times and he kept saying I wasn't a 10. I finally requested she call Dr Robertson and Rowles finally came to my room. I had to have surgery to repair all of my internal 'parts' that were torn from crowning for so long and my son now has a lifelong growth deficiency from lack of oxygen while in the birth canal. I wouldn't take my dog to him!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

The most amazing Dr / Man I have ever met. We were forced to induce my son to be born at 24 weeks due to critical health issues. He was so amazing and stayed with me during the entire process. He even had me deliver on a different floor so that I would not hear the other women's babies crying when mine would not be crying. Amazing man!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

Good Dr. But vacations during winter, so scary for winter pregnancies.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

i love dr rowles ! he deliverd all 3 of my babies. my first daughter i was 18 and he never treated me any diffrent (for beign young) she was a c section after being induced and not progressing . my second i had a vbac and doctor rowles made that possible he knew that is what i wanted and i cant thank him enough for letting me do it :) and my 3rd was also a successfull vbac he is an awsome doctor ! with lots of knowlegde and very willing to listen and answer any question you have! i feel like he loves his job thank u doctor rowles!!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Dr. Roger Rowles is an excellent doctor. Bedside manner is fabulous! Very caring, knowledgeable and ready to spend the time with you that you need. Sometimes the waiting room is full.....but that is the price I would pay any day to have someone like him treat me. He was recommended to me by a fertility doc in Seattle, WA and until he retires, plan on keeping him as my OB. On the 27th of December I plan on having him perform my 2nd c-section and am looking forward to it. (First c-section was emergency due to complications of my cervex not dilating). I love Dr. Rowles!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2007

Dr. Rowles did my second C-Section and it was night and day compared to my first. To a degree, minus the surgery recovery, I felt like I was on vacation! Dr. Rowles did an amazing job and I would highly recommend him to anyone. I'm extremely happy that we switched doctors this time around.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

Dr. Rowles has extensive experience, but I strongly recommend having a Radiologist perform any ultrasounds. He was able to see the baby had a penis, but did not see that baby TJ's intestines were outside of his stomach. TJ was born a couple of days after the "normal" ultrasound, and passed away within a few weeks. Although some doctors perform their own ultrasounds, I feel that if you miss a large mass of intestines, but can see a tiny 5-month old penis, you may want to send your patients to a Radiologist. Yakima has a good Radiology clinic available.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2005

Dr. Roger B. Rowles's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Amerigroup