Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Lyerly

Dr. Lyerly performed ACD with fusion on me exactly one week ago. Could not have been more pleased with entire process. Office was very clean with very little wait time. Staff was friendly, courteous, and professional. Dr. Lyerly has a great bedside manner where he explains all details in a compassionate manner. Surgery started on time and I went home in 24 hours with no complications. If you need a neurosurgeon I highly recommend Dr. Lyerly.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

I had my first back surgery with Dr. Lyerly. He sent me back to work after 10 weeks and said I could do any physical labor. Surgery did not work and pain was worse because I was sent back to work to early and fusion did not fuse. Had to have another surgery to repair try to repair first surgery. I am in worse shape than before my first surgery.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

I went to Dr. Lyerly from a referal from my uncle whom is a family MD for consult of syringomyelia, a cyst inside my spianl cord. His PA did the initial visit, he refused to see me until I got very upset and stated I was there to see a neurosurgeon not a PA. He came into the room and said my pain should not be coming from the syringomyelia, which it is and my neurologist also agrees, and that there was nothing to be done and it was all in my head. He circled many problem areas on my MRI scans in permant red marker and refused to discuss any of it with my other that he did see the syrinx in my spinal cord and walked out of the room. Very poor knowledge of syringomyelia and chiari malformation and what the symptoms are!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

In 2010 I had a ruptured disc in my neck I dealt with this pain for over 3 months if anyone knows what chronic pain is. Its not the kinda of pain you want to feel very day. OK make a long story short went to the ER on a Saturday night had sugery that following Tuesday. They worked me in and I pain free when I woke up. Not only is he a wonderful doctor God give him a gift and it was his hands I truly beloved that with all my heart. Well then 3I months later he did sugery on my lumber L5 he's out a blessing to me. And now's its 2011 November and I have 2 more rupture disc in my neck and wouldn't want no one but Dr.Hnilica to do the sugery Thanks and God bless.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Dr. Lyerly is a great doctor and surgeon. His bedside manner is great and he is very professional. He is quick and accurate on his diagnosis and gives you options and lets you make the call. You are not belittled and I would highly recommend him to anyone. His staff is great as well and gets your insurance papers taken care of with no prodding from you at all. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Lyerly is the only doctor I would trust for my spinal surgery. I had 3 discs removed, C3/4, C5/6, C7/T1 and a titanium plate along with 8 screws. Nothing but good things to say about Dr. Lyerly, you won't regret choosing him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

This is by far the best Doctor anyone could pick. Although he is a Neurosurgeon, because of his great reputation, I convinced him to remove a herniated disc in my lumbar spine, a procedure that any orthopedic surgeon could perform. I expressed my fear of having an orthopedic surgeon to perform the procedure and he agreed to do so. He is one of the most compassionate Doctors one will ever find Highly professional and caring

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Dr. Lyerly has been a true blessing, he has help me improve my overall quality of life. A professional in every sense of the word and his staff are very pleasant and courteous as well. I will seek him if I ever need his services in the future.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2010

After 10 years of pain and other doctors just ordering a X-ray, he went the extra mile. I had a MRI and several ruptured discs I had surgery and because of him, a new,productive,and pain free life.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2007

Dr. Mark A. Lyerly's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Secure Horizons