Ratings for Dr. Alan Sunshine

Worst doctor in Atlanta. He won't listen to anything you tell him and he is rude. He is always late

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

If you want to die !!! Go to this Guy Sunshine is very incompetent... Go to Fulton County court records and read for yourself.. One person is dead after seeing him (he settled that case) and the other he mised a tumor I had because he was late, double booked and in a hurry... all there in the record.... In Gods name do not use this Doctor.... He is also an arrogant lier... Reverend

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Over 2 hour wait - then extremely rude and hostile; so much that for the first time I walked out infuriated that a doctor would treat a patient with such unexpected and unprovoked hostility.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr Sunshine has been my Dr for more than 15 years. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2002. Dr Sunshine was the one that helped me get through this. He has always been able to answer my questions & ease my concerns. On my office visits he spends time talking about me & other things going on in my life. He always makes me feel like I am his favorite patient, which he seems to be able to do with other patients I have talked to. His entire staff is wonderful from the front desk to the lab & his nurse Marsha.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

I've dealt with gastro issues my whole life, had colic as a baby, and have never been able to stomach certain foods. The first time I went to Dr. Sunshine I was younger, scared and had the backing of my parents. He seemed so nice and was ready to "find out what was wrong with me." We were hopeful. After many tests he told me that he was diagnosing me with IBS. I was put on a bland diet and sent on my way. Years passed, I still had issues and it got to a point where I was much worse than my first major flare up. I went back again, and this time his tune had changed. He told me that the problem was not with my insides, the problem was in my head and told me that I needed to take antidepressants. I have no respect for someone who cannot understand what a patient is dealing with. When I'm crying in pain, feeling like my insides are being ripped apart, I guess that's all in my head. When I'm stuck in a bathroom for 4 hours I guess that's all in my head. Shame on you, Dr. Sunshine.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

Dr. Sunshine is a brilliant doctor who can focus in on the issues being presented to him. He has the gift of helping his patients understand their health matters in detail. He treated me as if I had actually gone to medical school and deserved clear answers. Many doctors brush over information but I left his office empowered with information, a clear plan, and motivated to act on recommendations others had long tried to help me with. He is very kind and respectful and has an uplifting demeanor.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

Dr. Alan Sunshine my gastroenterologist He has done what others did not do. He allowed me time to explain my symptoms. He took the time to explain my condition and to answer questions that were important to me. His diagnosis and treatment has greatly improved my condition! I no longer experience the same problem.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

Dr. Sunshine was extremely arrogant. I didn't get a sense that he read my medical history based on his immediate conclusions. When I challenged him, he responded by telling me he has been practicing for years and knows what he doing. Sorry, but I don't buy it. Experience does not translate into talent or effectiveness.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2012

Dr. Alan Sunshine saved my life. Plain and simple there is no better...........

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

I have visited Dr. Sunshine twice for two separate problems, both which he fixed without surgery. I appreciate this given that some gastroenterologists I've seen previously have been a little too knife-happy. As for his personality, it's definitely different, but in a way that suits me very well. I love the fact that he is so humorous; it makes it easier for me to talk about my issues. Other doctors have sometimes made me feel a bit shy to really talk about what's going on, whereas I feel like I can tell Dr. Sunshine anything. Nothing will shock him or gross him out. In fact, he'll make a joke about it and next thing you know, we are both laughing over something that I was initially scared to bring up. I'm sorry that some people who've rated him here were offended by his sense of humor or found him to be arrogant. I view him as a very skilled and confident doctor who was a stand-up comedian in another life. I always walk out of his office smiling and laughing!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Dr. Alan Sunshine's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1980)