Ratings for Dr. Michael H. Polcino

At first, this doctor seems okay. However, after giving me my exam, he seemed more interested in selling me facial products than my health as I was walked into another room and given a sample of a face cream. He seemed to lose interest in me when I told him I wasn't interested in the facial products. He called me back the following week to tell me that I had an irregular blood test that could be indicitive of ovarian cancer. He referred me to another doctor, (whole other story) and they both teamed up to remove my healthy uterus. A fibroid had caused the elevated levels in the original blood test. 2 supposedly knowledgeable physicians and they don't check for fibroids? Don't trust this guy. Seems like a timid gentle man but he was right there in the operating room with the other doctor removing a perfectly healthy uterus. I think he must get some kind of commission for sending us to the other guy.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Please don't go there. The doctor doesn't even bother to give you news. So unprofessional, the receptionist calls you to tell your results. When I was pregnant they charged my 4 coopeys even though according to my insurance I should pay only one. Very unpleasent staff. I switched doctors right away.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2009

my experience wasn't the greatest. 2nd visit - waited 1hr and he didn't even have 2mins to listen to my concerns about the pill i'm taking. the staff can't tell me if i have to take my yearly exam or if i'm just suppossed to check in. also they were supposed to call in my prescription - after standing at the pharmacy like an idiot i called them - apparently they had written down the number incorrectly. nobody called me? nobody told me? i had to do the research where my prescription is. i'm looking for another gyn.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

I THINK THAT HIS STAFF WAS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. THEY HELP ME OUT ALOT. THE STAFF AND DOCTOR ALWAYS MADE ME FEEL BETTER. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. BED SIDE MANNER IS WONDERFUL AND I WAS COMFORTABLE AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

HE IS AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR--KIND, UNDERSTANDING ADN KNOWLEGDABLE!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Great service, wonderful staff and nurse practioner.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

I've been with Dr. Polcino for 20 years now. He was my moms doctor as well. He has the nicest bed side manner, and is so kind and sweet. He has always treated me as if I was his own.His knowledge is incredable, and I would not recomend anybody but him. I love him! He simply is the BEST!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2008

THE MOST GENTLE AND COMPASSIONATE PERSON. ALWAYS EASY TO TALK TO.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2007

he is great, very nice and quick. He remember his patients and always very helpful with any questions.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2007

Horrible bedside manner in my time of need

flag | Submitted February 17, 2007

Dr. Michael H. Polcino's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1997)