Ratings for Dr. Martha Roach

Several years ago,I went to Dr. Roach for an overactive bladder. She told me either I could have an interstem (made by Medtronic-similar to a pacemaker) wired inside of me with the interstem on my right hip or my choice was a bag attached to my uretha. I decided on the surgery. She had an assistant student doctor place the interstem device; it was placed too close to the skin and caused bleeding and swelling. I was on antibiotics for several weeks without a solution. I asked for my records several times and her office never forwarded them to my new doctor, Dr. Chun in Marietta who is an excellent doctor. He removed the interstem .I now have a large lump on my right buttock filled scar tissue. Worse experience. I think Dr. Roach is overwhelmed with her practice an she should not practice medicine. DO NOT USE HER SERVICES...TOTALLY ...DISORGANIZED...CONSTANT TURNOVER IN OFFICE STAFF. BEWARE!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

IF DR ROACH HAD PROPERLY TREATED ME BACK IN 2001 I MIGHT NOT HAVE KIDNEY DISEASE TODAY.I went to see Dr Roach in July 2001 because I was having kidney pain. She ran tests then told me I probably had artherscerosis because I wasn't getting enough blood to one kidney. That year my GFR was running in the 40's but at the time I didn't know it. There was no follow-up. I called her back a few years later, having the same problems but her nurse told me Dr Roach wouldn't see me unless I was in severe pain. IN 2006 I FOUND I HAVE FIBROMUSCULAR DYSPLAYSIA AND HAD A STENT PUT IN MY RENAL ARTERY. MY KIDNEYS ARE DAMAGED NOW....

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

She definitely is moody. At first she was so understanding and I thought I found a great doctor. Subsequent visits she had a serious attitude and didn't seem to want to be bothered with me. I stopped going to her because of it. My health condition is painful and I don't want to deal with an uncaring doctor

flag | Submitted March 1, 2007

Horrible! Shouldn't be allowed to practice medicine! A disgrace to the human race as a person and as a Dr.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2006

MARTH ROACH,MD WAS MY UROLOGIST FOR ABOUT 1 2/3 YEARS. SHE TREATED ABD DUAGNOSED ME WITH INTERSTUTAK CYSTITIS. SHE WAS INFORMATIVE AT THE FIRST SESSIONS BUT LATER BECAME VERY INSENSITIVE TO MY THOUGHTS, CONCERNS, IDEAS TO HELP TREAT MY CONDITION, ECT... I WOULD NEVER RECOMMED HER TO ANYONE SEEKING A UROROLGIST. I FEEL AS THOUGH HER INSENSITIVITVY LED TO DEPRESSION AND WORSENING OF MY CONDITION-LEADING TO AN INCREASE IN PHYSICAL PAIN. I HAVE NEVER HAD A WORSE DOCTOR EXPERIENCE. FUTHERMORE SHE HAS NOT RELEASED MY MEDICAL RECORDS TO MY NEW PHYSICAN AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS. I HAVE ALSO REQUESTED THEM MYSELF- AND THEY WERE NEVER SENT. I WISH THAT I HAD NEVER VISITED MARTHA ROACH, MD!!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2006

Completely MISSED a surgical emergency on a family member. Talked about the family member with her staff right behind the door where they could hear. Never followed up to see what happened. Terrible attitude!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2006

very good doctor. I think she can be moody at times though.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Martha Roach's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1985)