Ratings for Dr. Stephen L. Leighton

As opposed to posted comments, Leighton treated a young lady for pain in Sept 2007 and put her on Methadone for simple back pain. No MRI. No X-Ray. Just an extremely high 80 mg dose of Methadone without titration slowly. She was dead in 4 days. She came to his office the day before she died scared and with many respiratory and deep cough problems and feeling ill. He told her on the phone he could give her a shot (Narcan....she had methadone toxicity). He saw her for 5 minutes only the day before her death and called it a FLU. He sent her home to sleep. He sent her home to her death. Draw your own conclusions but I WOULD SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND YOU STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRID, QUESTIONABLE PRACTITIONER. The girl he overdosed with prescription taken exactly as told (verified) was my 25 year old beautiful daughter. Her parents never knew this unqualified "pain management specialist" put her on methadone. He is now on Supervisory Watch with NC Medical Board and gave up his Pain Clients.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

For the record Doctor Leighton did not lose his license or kill anyone Go to the NC board of medicine and look it up yourself. He is an amazing man and physician. He is my Dr. House only much kinder. You have access to him by phone or email. A wonderful and compassionate human being. He was rhe only one to figure out what BP medication I needed that didn't have side effects. He controlled my hot flashes without hormone replacement therapy. He thinks outside thebox. I love him!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010

Dr. Leighton is one of few doctors working with Wilson's Thyroid syndrome. After an initial consultation in which he genuinely listened to my concerns, we proceeded with the Wilsons's treatment. Dr. Leighton offers several 'call in' times for Wilson's patients throughout the week at no charge. The treatment helped me get my life back and I am so grateful. Would recommend that anyone experiencing symptoms of WTS contact Dr. Leighton for a consult.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009

Dr. Leighton is a Physician who specializes in Family Medicine but also as an approved Addictionologist. I have been with Dr. Leihgton for over six years and can honestly say you will not find a more caring, compassionate, and helpful Physician in the Triad area of North Carolina. He always displays a professional demeanor but in a way to make you feel as though you are his equal. In addition to being a very professional Physician, he also takes time out of his busy schedule to volunteer with many agencies. I would refer anyone to Dr Leighton as he is a Doctor who truly defines the Hippocratic Oath. If you are looking for a Family Physician or Addictionologist who specializes in pain control without the stereotypical labels which most pain control Physicians place upon their patients. Whether you are there for a Cold or to discuss Chronic Pain issues, you will be treated with the highest standards. This is the Physician who could teach many other Physicians on how to be Drs.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007

Dr Leighton has been a light in the darkness. He has managed my fibromyalgia, Wilsons thyroid syndrome, chronic pain and other illnesses. He has also been extremely helpful with my husband's Alzheimers. He is prompt, friendly, concerned, and courteous. I have a large voice in treatment and options. My concerns are validated and he is willing to research any problem or questions I have. He is a listed physician on the Wilsons thyroid syndrome site, and that is how I found him. Wilsons is a thyroid condition that has low thyroid symptoms but doesn't show up on tests. My life is changed. I recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2006

The contrast between Dr. Leighton and the majority of practitioners is like night and day. He practices the old way. He schedules one patient at a time and when you pay for a 20 minute visit, you have him for that time. He is easy to talk to, open and direct. He is open to new ideas and is a TRUE JEWEL in a profession that has, for the most part, lost touch with it's patients. His prices are amazingly reasonable. He has a very service oriented and pleasant staff.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Stephen L. Leighton's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1976)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Winston-Salem, NC