Ratings for Dr. Johnny L. Gayton

Some time ago as a patient of Dr Gayton , he said I was ready for cataract surgery, after making an appointment I cancelled it. One year later DrGayton said after an examination "you don't need cataract surgery " that really surprised me!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

I went to Dr Gayton, to have cater ang glycoma surgery. Before the surgery, I could see out of my left eye. After the surgery, I was practically blind in my eye. He tried to get me to let him do the right eye, but I will not let him do it. Not after he botched the first job.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I felt like I was part of a herd of cattle. Have had a shadow over the eye following cataract surgery which I was told there was nothing that could be done- that I would get use to it. I would never let him touch me again. Once surgery was done, you only see a Physicians Assistant.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

I was referred to Gayton's Health Care Center to check up on an eye problem I had a few years back. I had surgery a few years ago to correct a prolapsed lacrimal gland, which was successfully reattached. During my exam, I was given a new prescription for my glasses. During this exam, Gayton notified me that my pressure was on the high side. A second visit confirmed the first. However, I was given three choices: to do nothing, get eye drops, or have laser surgery. Those last two choices were extreme, considering my ocular nerve was healthy and showed no signs of glaucoma. I didn't know this at the time, and asked to have surgery. Well, two weeks later, found out they got my prescription wrong. I called to cancel my appointment, & a rude nurse said, "Well, where the only one with this type of laser in town." She asked my reason for canceling - you got my prescription wrong. A second doc said I needed no surgery. Others said they get lots of complaints & wrong prescriptions from Gayton.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

first off I know for a fact that he is not out for the money. He tells his patients the advantages and disadvantages to all options available to them. I had lasek with him in 2007 and it was one of the best things I have ever had done for myself. He has given me the gift of not having to wear glasses or contacts 24/7 some ppl should just are sour over things that can not be control like insurance.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Gayton for years and have never felt that he was out for the money. I wanted RK years ago and he talked me out of it. Later I wanted Lasik and again he told me that I was not a candidate. I remember when he decided to switch from Lasik to the surface treatment due to the problems with flaps that could cause halos, double vision and other issues. Dr. Gayton was able to correct my vision with a surgical treatment called lensectomy. I have been thrilled with the results and I never felt pressured by him because he wanted to make money. I feel Dr. Gayton has a passion to help patients see better!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

I went to a seminar to learn about getting vision correction surgery. I had read some about it and made a list of three questions. I asked about the chance of halos and risks we should know about. This was in front of about 8 other people who also attended the seminar. They were interested as well and had not heard about halos as a risk. He replied, "There is such a thing of knowing too much." I then made and appointment to see if I was even a candidate and if he might be more informative in a private setting. He told me I was a candidate and took a picture of me so he would not get me confused with the other patients on the day of the surgery. But intuition still told me to get a second opinion. I did. Three in fact and two other doctors (one in Nashville & Dallas) told me I was not a candidate. Note: Two years later he changed the method he used siting that he stopped the method because of problems that I had asked about. I believe he puts making money above patient best interest.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Does Dr. Gayton only see those who he'll operate on? For my appts. I only got a PA. If I'm going to a specialist I want to see this specialist.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

Dr. Gayton, his staff and everyone involved have been very nice, so helpful and seem to have a genuine concern and care for their patients.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Gayton corrected my astigmatism with his CRI procedure and it was very successful!! My vision is much better and much more clearer then before the surgery. He has a great professional personality and he was ready to answer any and all of my questions. I have recommended him to everyone I know and will continue to do so. He is the best Physisian I have ever came in contact with. I'd just like to tell him thank you for everything! Before the surgery I could not even think of wearing glasses because my glasses prescribtion would have been so off it would have literally made me ill, but now I can wear glasses with ease. My eyes are balanced and it wuld not have happened wihout the expertise of a Doctor like Dr. Gayton!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2009

Dr. Johnny L. Gayton's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Warner Robins, GA