Ratings for Dr. Darren P. Gannuch

Strongly recommend to family and friends. Staff is super friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Gannuch has always taken care of any issues I've had. I'm actually shocked at some of these comments. He's had excellent bedside manner with me. He's helped so much with my insomnia!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Wow. Surprised by some of the comments. Guess I've caught them on good days. He and staff have been very supportive. I tried to downplay my suspected sleep apnea. He was very knowledgeable, thorough in evaluation, and diagnosis, explained physical, mental, and cognitive consequences of untreated sleep apnea and non-compliance with treatment recommendations. I'm more consistent now, sleeping so much better, even thinking more clearly and noticing a more stabilized blood pressure due to getting more sleep and oxygen to my brain, while sleeping.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Waste of time and money. No one would give me my readout results. Doctor was irritated when asked to come back in to talk to me. My time is as valuable as his.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

This Doctor has been approving/apparently my medications for 3 years and I have never met him. What's the deal? I was seeing someone at Behavioral Sciences and I want to talk to him. These visits were for mental health not sleep study. No one will tell me anything!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I have been using Dr. Gannuch for almost 2 years now. For the most part I have been very happy with him as a doctor, but a recent switch with his staff is proving intolerable. His new nurse has very poor bedside manner, argues, is disorganized, and does not get back to you in a timely manner. Since she has been employed with Dr. Gannuch I have had nothing but problems in getting my medication. Doctor's need to realize the importance of having a good supportive staff, as they are usually who the patient deals with most. Due to his nurse I feel its necessary for me to find another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Gannuch for over three years now and was shocked at some of the comments I read here by the discontent patients. I have nothing but praise for Dr Gunnuch in the treatment of my sleep apnea. I would say at worst he may have a dry type personality, but has always been extremely helpful to me and always listened patiently until I was completely done talking. Unlike many other doctors that rush you though the queue. He has always listened to me and has considered and mostly agreed with all of my requests for changes in meds, procedures, etc. As a Psychiatrist, I'm sure he takes the opinions of his patients with a grain of salt given the issues that he is treating. I think he is in the top 80 percent of all the doctors that I have been treated by, which is a very large number.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

I saw Dr. Gannuch for sleep apnea. He couldn't remember from visit to visit what he had prescribed or told me to do. My chart was missing pages and he gave me conflicting advice from appt to appt. Very sloppy job as a physician and I have found another sleep doctor to go to. His bedside manner is cold and he would rather lecture than answer questions. He also talked down to me and patronized me.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2010

Dr. Gannuch was an incredibly cold and unemotional Doctor. I liked him until he received my health records. My doctor before him misdiagnosed me psychotic disorder. All he talked about was how I would be unable to function without antipsychotic medication. I tried to talk to him about a painful break-up I was going through at the time and he would change the subject. I wasn't psychotic then, nor have I ever been. He never focused on me as an individual. I was always viewed in the context of an ill-fitting label given to me by the doctor before. Dr. Gannuch is incredibly apathetic about helping people and chooses convenient, thoughtless labels rather than actually taking the time to find out what would help his clients.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2009

This is one of the most caring doctors I have. His speciality is sleep medicine. In a nutshell, he's a gentleman and a scholar. My husband also appreciates his treatment since I'm no longer snoring and gasping in my sleep.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

Dr. Darren P. Gannuch's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1992)