Ratings for Dr. Desmond E. McGuire

Dr. Desmond McGuire was one of the most Competent physician I have ever been to and I have a very rare genetic condition seen by many doctors for over 50 years! I would highly recommend him! A very caring sincere person. Thank you Dr. McGuire. Sincerely, Roberta and John

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr. McGuire was quick to respond to an emergency vitrectomy on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks to his excellent diagnosis and quick response, I am looking forward to a full vision recovery - thankfully, as my career depends on having good eye sight. From pre-op through multiple follow-ups, I found him to be professional, courteous, and very knowledgeable. Everyone on his staff was likewise professional, friendly, and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to go back, and definitely would recommend him to anyone having the misfortune of experiencing a retina issue.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

This guy was incompetent. Supposedly fixed a retina tear, 2 weeks later retina detached from same place, never even had the guts to let me know the macula detached, and then waited 2 full days to perform the 2nd surgery, while the macula was dying.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

I found Dr. McGuire to be a competent physician, HOWEVER, the front office and billing dept. failed. The billing dept. incorrectly billed our insurance...refused to contact our insurance to resolve the issue. The front office refused to intervene. In the end while we had PPO insurance to cover this procedure, without notifying us, they turned the claim over to a collection agency. Our next step is small claims court. Do not get involved with this dysfunctional office.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

Dr. Mcguire is a great Doctor! his staff is the best! They were all very pleasant and helpfull. i recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

Dr. Desmond E. McGuire's Credentials

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1997)

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America