Ratings for Dr. Timothy I. Cohen

When I saw Dr. Cohen once in 2008 for a consult he was very professional. Seemed knowledgeable but very prideful. When I chose another surgeon (never did have the surgery because Allstate cut me off 2 days before my scheduled surgery) I forgot to cancel my appointment with Cohen and his office staff called to remind me about the appointment. When I apologized for not cancelling the appointment, the girl on the phone asked me why I was cancelling. I told her I was going with someone else and she had the heartless audicaty to tell me they would see me soon then. I asked her what she meant by that and she said that the other doctor will make a mistake and Dr. Cohen will have to fix it. I was so terrified that my neck instantly went into a spasm and I couldn't turn my head for a week. I called back and asked for a manager and she said that no one in their office would have said that. What a lie! I will NEVER use Dr. Cohen (only Dr. Marius Maxwell). If his staff is talking like that, there must be some conversation going on where he is feeling threatened.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Husband had surgery over a yr ago has had issues ever since. Dr. Cohen did not even have the courtesy to call me after surgery. I waited and waited finaly asked the nurses if he was out of surgery and he had been for a long time Office staff is horrible! Rude they dont know what they are doing. They tell you a dofferant story every time you call. Husband has been trying to get his records for a month and a half. Still getting the run around even after we told cohen of the issue 2 weeks ago. Never see cohen unless you ask to see him then he will come in after pa has done the exam. Husband has pain and nerve damage loss of strength Cohen said he did what he was suppose to do. Go see a pain dr. I would not reccomend him or anyone in this office to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

I like Dr.Cohen, he has lots of knowledge and experience. I would recommend him except for his office staff is horrible. They are not helpful, scheduling an appointment is hard and if it's an emergency even more difficult. I've waited in the waiting room for 30 minutes several times.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I concur with the other comments, the wait times were bad so be prepared. I had an extensive list of questions about the disk replacement and Dr. Cohen took the time to answer all of them. My complaints are that when I went in to schedule the surgery the proposed hospital stay went from 1 day to 4 days. My surgery was rescheduled 3 times and I am a small business owner/single mother who needed to schedule my help and help for recovery so I went from a surgery scheduled in a less busy time into a surgery scheduled in the middle of a peak contract 3 months later. If you need surgery, you may not be able to have ANY certainty in the timing so be prepared to take any surgery date you can get and have it moved two or three times. In some cases, I only found out about the surgery date change from the insurance company, the office didn't even bother to call me to tell me about the changes for weeks. Dr. Cohen is good but the process of scheduling, waiting, planning for recovery was so disorganized - it was extremely stressful. They wanted my full copayment ahead (12,000 dollars) at the same time I was to give up all of my busy season revenues and the office would not do the surgery without a prepayment despite me trying to work with the financial office. I haven't had the surgery but if the office improves I would consider using Dr. Cohen.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr Cohen came highly recommended by an other Orthopedic Doctor. Dr. Cohen is exceptionally knowledgable in disc replacements, however his front desk office staff, not the outpatient staff, is very unprofessional and inconsiderate of patient's concerns when you call. They treat you as if you are an inconvenience and thus forget that you are a patiant not a bill collector. It is highly unfortunate that patient's have to put up with terrible front desk customer service. Dr. Cohen's medical staff is very wonderful and provides the upmost professional medical care. His PA Darcie is just as wonderful as the dr along with his close nurses and CMA's. I will continue to recommend my family and friends to Dr. Cohen but warn them about the front desk.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Staff is very rude to say the least. Gave me appointment time only to find out it was an hour after the time given. Took three months to get in with the doctor. Comes highly recommendes but the staff is rude and frankly out of control.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

I was asked by a friend to recommend a neurosurgeon since she knew I had cervical disc replacement. I did recommend Dr. Cohen since I had excellent care with him. However, I did warn her of his rude office staff. My first consultation with Dr Cohen did not go well as I was told my appointment was scheduled for 2:00. I arrived at 1:45 only to find out the appointment book had me scheduled for 2:45. Not enough time to leave the office and go anywhere else at that time, I decided to wait. And wait, and wait. At 4:00 I finally met Dr. Cohen. He came into the room and apologized for the wait, but was surprised by my response,"You'd better be worth it." Two weeks later I was being prepped for surgery, anestheseolgist came in and started my drip. Then the surgical nurse informed me that my surgery wasn't scheduled for another four hours later that day. Not only did Shannon fail to tell me of the scheule change, but she also failed to tell the anestheseologist. Talented doctor. Terrible staff.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

I'm glad I visited this website. I thought his office people had something against me because they were so rude and unhelpful. I've never been treated this badly by any Dr's office EVER. I rated 1 for Staff, They are rude, won't call back, lie about insurance claims, regard you as an inconvenience, never on time, unhelpful. When you call for follow up appointment because of pain you don't think you should be experiencing, they make you wait for eight weeks. Dr. Cohen, on the other hand, is an excellent surgeon. He definitely knows his craft. However, his office, Anchorage Neuro Associates, is so terrible that I would go somewhere else. I concur with the the opinions of most others posting here.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

Very rude staff.! The receptionist is not friendly at all. I will definately find someone else to care for my mom.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Doctor T Cohen did 2 very extentsive surgeries and had set up a third then drop me becuse of medtronic infuse or off lable morphorgenic bone protien severe adverse side effects Dr T Cohen put off labled product in my back Off lable means Dr T Cohen didnt follow fda regulations Dr T Cohen didnt warm me of any poblems regarding medtronic infuse office staff very rude in front of waitnesses

flag | Submitted December 20, 2012

Dr. Timothy I. Cohen's Credentials

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med, Charlottesville Va 22908 (Grad. 1989)