Ratings for Dr. Vance Alm

Couldn't ask for a better doctor! Caring staff and he genuinely cares.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

I have gone to Dr Vance Alm in the past I first seen him 14 years ago. I thought wow what a kind caring honest physician. Well I was looking for a new family doctor I had moved out of state that is the only reason I stopped seeing this doctor. Well I called over to his new office it took me 2 months to get an appointment. Well I must say it was well worth the wait Dr Alm is still a kind caring honest compassionate doctor. The money has not changed him or all the low life patients that can't get what they want from him. He is a fabulous doctor. However he does have some new rules so if you are looking for narcotics don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Went to see Dr. Alm after he moved his practice to Reno. He previously told me I would still be one of his patients. Get to app't and he did not have my file. It was his responsibility to advise his patients that we needed to sign a release so our files would be transferred. He never said a word. So, no file at app't. He did not, of course, remember I am allergic to opioids. Today I go back for follow up, app't for 11:00am, finally taken to room at 11:35am. Gal comes in to take blood pressure and I have had double mastectomies and you DO NOT do blood pressure in arms for the reason of lymphedema. She had NO idea, then all of a sudden she remembered and said, oh yeah I remember now. She did not know how to do blood pressure in leg and it was never done. Also she was wearing black leggings and a sweatshirt. That is unappropriate attire for medical personnel. Finally at 12:08pm I asked when the doctor could see me and another gal said he just went in to see another patient. I asked her if he had my file this time (as previous app't I signed the release form) and her response, I think so. WHAT! YOU THINK SO~OMG! Finally I left at 12:15pm and said, forget it! I will find another doctor. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM AT ALL. I could also hear staff at front desk talking about a post on facebook. He should not even be a doctor and his staff is totally unprofessional!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I have nothing to say. He did not solve my problem.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Dr. Alm is awesome! He is no bones... no sugar coating! The office overbooks him.. that's not his fault. He cares about the whole person, not just the ailment. Contrary to some reviews, he is not a pill pusher.. he will try different drugs yes... but if you ask him outright for say Oxy, he'll tell you absolutely no.. so there..

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I had been seeing Dr Alm for several years and thought that was was competent although not very caring. His staff on the other hand was and is rude and inefficient. I was within 10 days of finishing a new cholesterol medicine he had prescribed for me so I went to my pharmacy for a refill. For 5 days the pharmacy told me that they couldnt get a response from Dr Alm so I called his office and the person who answered toldme that they were very busy and would get to it soo. I then asked to speak with Dr Alm and was told that he was on vacation. I had no choice but to find anotyer Dr who got me in right away and took care of the medication issue. My new Dr sent two written requests to Dr Alm's office for a copy of my medical records and the files were never sent. I personally went to Dr Alm's office and filled out a request for my records and the staff in the office rudely told me that my records were in the archive and they would send them to me. 2 months later I still dont have them.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Have been a patient for 8 years. Dr. Alm has been one of the best doctor's I've had. His approach for today's medical market is refreshing; no unnecessary procedures, tests or prescriptions. If any of those are truly needed, he will let you know and be pretty forceful in convincing you to take his advice. I take many nutritional supplements and while I don't think he is a huge fan, he has never questioned my choice in this matter. Problems with staff and punctuality are new since his joining Northern Nevada Medical.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

He saved my life. Went to his hospital feeling very tired. TIngle in arm. Gave me an EKG, then nitro pills. Was sent to cardio specialist and found out I had almost 90% blockage in several arteries. Office staff is not that great, but he knew what to do.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

Do not go to him!!!! He is just a pill writter, nothing more! In 2 yr never had not one exam for several injuries I had had!!! Just writes meds you think you need!! Felt as if I was the doctor! Was fired from his office for going to another doctor!!! NO GOOD!!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Dr. Vance Alm's Credentials

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)